New Villain/Hero Groups for Kallisti Wharf

Marine X

Does anyone have any Ideas for new Resident Villain or Hero Groups that would fit the Aesthetic of Kallisti Wharf? I really think it would be interesting to Find something that has been developed for AE, a totally Fresh Group or a take on Battalion that could be used since it was intended as a Co-op zone. I still think the lower waterways should be home to higher level Hydra, since they inhabit other sections of the river, but other than that, would rather see something different.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

There is a praetorian refugee camp there it seems. New Destroyers and Syndicate could be looked at, Carnival of Light remnants (perhaps others went to join the Midnight Squad and don't want to dedicate themselves to curing PraetPenelope) could be there along with UPA. However, I also think that in general, instead of new groups, Kallisti Wharf could be a way to revisit some older groups like Hellions (and skulls*), Outcasts, Legacy Chain, Wyvern, Sky Raiders, etc.

*I like the appearance revamp for the Skulls, but I didn't quite like the new enemy additions, personally. I didn't like a brand new Lt that's the Gunner but with more attacks, throwing in gunners and dual pistol skulls as minions, and all that. Death Walkers and Death dolls are okay I guess.

• Like 1

I'd love to see a newer-tougher Outcast group. 

We know from tip missions that Frostfire eventually becomes a Serious Major Mojo Power. And a good guy.

I'd like to see him and Miss Thistle and the Outcasts who follow them blocking off a section of Khalisti and being like "This neighborhood is under OUR protection!"

Fighting off incursions of Syndicate and High-Tech-Family in areas where the law is too overwhelmed / too bound by due process, etc.

Something that shows Frostfire organizing some of other Outcasts as a mostly-force-for-good, even if he might need to crack down on one of his own folks who might go too far.

Edited by MTeague
  • Like 2

I'd definitely like to see Khalisti Wharf turn the story back towards Paragon City and its nuances rather than Interdimensional threats. I know the original plan was to use KW to introduce the battalion, but I found it really hard to care about those ideas. They were kinda offputting to me, like well of furies stuff.

I love the stories best when its about the interelationships of enemy factions. So having this new turf for old and new gangs to move in on would be great.

Maybe something for each origin? (Just thematically, that is, not locking people out)

I'd like the Tsoo to have some room to establish themselves as a anti-hero/vigilante enemy group. Dark Astoria started them on a new trajectory. Maybe the gang becomes divided over returning to their lucrative old methods or taking responsibility for combating Paragon's mystical threats. It could be Tub Ci versus Sun Xiong, where heroes get Tub as a contact and villains get Sun, and they both try and shape the Tsoo to their particular visions. Maybe give them something a little more fleshed out than the lazy "k, we have incarnate ink now lol".

(Edit: though it occurs to me that Sun Xiong might be dead for some characters, so maybe heroes get Hua Tov and villains Tub Ci.)

I think Vahzilok's story has ended, but his legacy might continue. Someone like Doc Buzzsaw could become a big player to fill his shoes, especially if they combine Neuron's work with Vahzilok's, as well as her connections with Freakshow and Rikti. One mishmashed enemy group.

Certainly having new resistance around, so entrenched in their fight against Tyranny and unable to put it down. They see the war walls, the statue of Marcus Cole in KW and think their fight isn't over. Villains might spur them on to keep the chaos rolling.

Nano-Malta needs to start happening. I'd much prefer they become the new top-level threat than Battalion. All these little pockets of too much power could be the coming storm. We don't need aliens to make a mess.

Edited by Lines
  • Like 4