Ever been disapointed after a respec?

EmperorSteele

OP many times. Thats why I don't do huge respecs anymore. I use my phone take a screenshot of my build, take a screenshot of my power trays. Respec to move that one slot that I accidentally over-slotted to another power. Move everything back. If I decide that I dont use a certain power, I might change it to another power that I think I would use more as long as I don't have to take slots from something else to make this power good enough to use. 

I used to play to 50 and then respec into Tough and Weave back when that was a thing. Now its really not, with incarnates and everything that can be boosted to ungodly strength with purple recipes or 50+5 enhancers. 

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

15 hours ago, MTeague said:

But generally I eyeball combat stats, and decide what I need more of, and then look to see what slotting I'm happy with, and what I'm not.

I'm also perfectly fine and dandy if the result is Not Perfectly Optimized, but can still kicks azz.

I've started doing this with most of my builds as well, I only really use Mid's these days for my absolute favorites or when I'm messing around to see what I may want to make next.

1 hour ago, Riverdusk said:

A controller without a single target hold power?  Um, no thanks?  Maybe turn flash into that instead would make more sense.  Would just need to cut the horrible animation and recharge time as well of course.  I don't even take flash most of the time on my illusion controllers it is so bad.  

Even easier, they could just make confusion and fear count as setting up containment.  Same way they count for the incarnate control hybrid power.  Would help mind controllers as well.

Problem is, the hold is single target...and its the only other control power besides Flash, Decieve, and Terror.  No ST immobilize, 1 ranged attack, 2 stealth/def buffs, and a confuse, kinda lack luster for setting up containment.  Only picked blind because it sounds like an AoE, kinda like a Flashbang going off.  Could change Blind to an AoE immobilize with sleep component and Deceive into a hold "as the target is held captive in their mind" cause a ST confuse is kinda useless if a target gets hit by Spectral Terror.

• Like 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

i've burnt plenty of respecs across characters; it's one the drivers behind deleting them lol.

the only time that i've actually been disappointed was back on live when i respec'ed to get teleport foe and found that i couldn't move pvp targets in front of the base drones any more.

• Sad 1

Hell I burn through respecs like nobody's business.  New pool, time for a respec.  Made a mistake, test it out, respec, worse, respec again.  Boredom, respec.  I've wanted a 1 level respec mission for the longest, that way you could rollback your latest mistake and not have to waste a half hour, buy and sell enhancements and figure out what direction to go in.

• Like 1