Shadow Shard TF Accolade Suggestions

Lockpick

I like rewards!  I like having a goal to chase and getting a reward that feels worthwhile.  I always pursue the 4 passive accolades because the rewards are nice and the journey to get them seems just about right to me from a standpoint of time investment, risk, and reward.  

I was thinking last night that it would be nice to get a passive accolade for finishing the 4 shadow shard task forces.  I don't think I have ever completed all 4 task forces on a character due to their length and the pains of traveling the shard, so it seems to me a reward would incentivize the TFs.

The 4 TFs are:

• Explorers and Exploiters: Dr. Quaterfield
  • The Legend of Ruladak: Sara Moore
  • The Saga of Faathim: Justin Augustine
  • The Saga of Lanaru: Faathim the Kind

For rewards I was thinking about several options:

• A passive that reduces the recharge time of the Team Transporter and Mission Transporter prestige powers by 50%
  • A passive that increases movement speed by 7.5%
  • A passive that increases defense by 1.5%
  • A passive that increases resistance by 1.5%

In addition to the accolade passive there there should be a title and badge for completing all TFs.

Any thoughts?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MTeague said:

I want a badge for crossing the entire Shadow Shard with no travel powers, and no temporary powers, and no being transported by anyone else.

Just you, and the Gravity Geysers.

I would be fine with that.  It would be an interesting challenge...

I like the idea of a SS accolade, with an update that also makes the SS neutral coop zones like the RWZ.  

I think it could just grant another copy of the TT power, instead of making it require having the prestige powers.  That seems way too complex and makes it useless for anyone who doesn't have them.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Omega-202 said:

I think it could just grant another copy of the TT power, instead of making it require having the prestige powers.  That seems way too complex and makes it useless for anyone who doesn't have them.  

I would be okay with that if the recharge was lower.

My only problem is with the

7 hours ago, Lockpick said:

A passive that reduces the recharge time of the Team Transporter and Mission Transporter prestige powers by 50%

It's not that I don't like it, it just doesn't really fit with accolades since those aren't something everyone is going to have, though they can, they won't. I think just a boost to stat is likely a better choice since everyone regardless can benefit from it.

Replacement ideas, Recharge/Accuracy/Tohit ,   3% / 6% / 5%  (only one tho not all 3)

Also I'd go with slightly higher res bonus since def/res isn't 1 to 1 I'd go with a 3% res to match the 1.5% def

Edited by Super Atom

19 hours ago, Omega-202 said:

I think it could just grant another copy of the TT power, instead of making it require having the prestige powers.

It would be more complex to do that, because the game is set up to drive similar powers off the same timer. For example, the prestige power Return to Battle and Rise of the Phoenix both go out for recharge if you use either.

26 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

It would be more complex to do that, because the game is set up to drive similar powers off the same timer. For example, the prestige power Return to Battle and Rise of the Phoenix both go out for recharge if you use either.

I don't believe that's required, but I can't say for certain.  For example, the TP to base prestige power and the TP to base day job power are identical in effect but have separate timers.  Same for the P2W revive and the day job revive.  They have separate timers.

I think there's something else going on with what you're talking about.

On 9/21/2020 at 4:21 AM, FrauleinMental said:

I'd prefer to see a Master badge for Dr. Q (no temp powers and no deaths) that perhaps granted a Shard-flavored Team Transport power.  Let's see who's willing to do an 8-hour TF again.

You are The Incarnate of Evil.

Though you underestimate the power of SPEED.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

3 hours ago, Shadeknight said:

You are The Incarnate of Evil.

Though you underestimate the power of SPEED.

Thank you. 🙂

There's a LOT of back-and-forth between the City and the Shard in Dr. Q, which most people skip using TT.  The TUNNEL system does make those trips way more convenient since there's one in FBZ.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2020 at 1:42 PM, MTeague said:

I want a badge for crossing the entire Shadow Shard with no travel powers, and no temporary powers, and no being transported by anyone else.

Just you, and the Gravity Geysers.

Now I'm remembering back in the day there were people who were well-practiced in using the geyser network.  I was not one of those people. 🙂

• Like 1