How should I combine Rad and Ice?

shrikefire

Hello!

Essentially I have a concept I'd like to run where my character combines Rad and Ice or Cold. I keep recreating the character (3 times now) trying to find something that feels right but nothing has so far exactly. I have rolled an Ice/Rad Dom, a Rad/Cold corr, and an Ice/Rad scrapper and deleted them all after a few levels. Ironically the dom may have been been my favorite. 

What I'm looking for is something that solos well and can tackle most or all content that way. The ice rad dom was interesting but I already have a few doms and I honestly got exhausted up front by the money I thought I may have to sink into that build. The corr seemed promising but I decided soloing with no self heal and waiting til the late 30s to get the best powers in cold sounded also exhausting. The scrapper just felt lame out of the box. 

Any ideas or recommendations appreciated, including to be more patient with the sets I've tried.

Come up with a new concept?  Kidding, sorta.

Ice/rad corr may be fun.  Or a rad/ice defender (for better debuffs).

I don't like rad melee or rad blast myself but if you're OK with rad melee then an ice/rad tank may be nice.  I have an ice/ss tank and he's super fun.

My initial thought would be ice/rad corr.

Good luck,

Dave

• Like 1

If you don't mind going the blapper route, I can see rad/ice working. rad would be your debuff/range/snipe while most of your attacks will be up close and personal with ice. I have a rad/en blapper and and ice/ice blaster/blapper. play style is somewhat similar, but I can definitely see a concept somewhere in between. Best of luck to ya.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later
  • 4 weeks later
  • 3 months later
On 9/28/2020 at 9:40 PM, shrikefire said:

Ice atomic blaster is one I'm considering now.

Was coming here to say this. Did an ITF with one - he looked like a pirate, cant remember the name - and it made me jealous. 

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png