possible new powerwsets?

Understanding how difficult new animations would be to make, I was wondering how difficult it would be to re-purpose animations that already exist. Two examples that spring to mind...

I'd love to see a whip or energy whip as a mellee and/or a ranged powerset. Moves could be taken from other powers, especially weapon powers, and have the whip added in. Another powerset I wouldn't mind seeing, is a pugilist powerset. I thought this the first time i took the martial arts power and most of the moves were kicks. There's lots of powers that employ different single and double hand attacks. This time you'd be removing the added powers and maybe give the strikes a unique sound effect.

A whip powerset would be lower on damage, but would employ pain in some way. Maybe stun and other debuffs. It would be harder to move with chunks of skin torn off. Pugilism would be very much like martial arts, but generally less individual damage with quicker strikes.

Just some thoughts, I have no idea how difficult these things would be to employ. Loving the game as-is! I've seen AT threads, but few if any powerset threads. It's fun talking/dreaming about new powersets!

I would love to see an Explosive Blast powerset.  (Think Nitro from Marvel Comics.)  Does lethal damage, all powers do cone or AoE damage, with maybe a smaller radius for the low-level ones.  Overall the set would have to do lower damage to account for all of the AoE.  Then just use explosions and animations already within the game to assemble a collection of powers.

I really like the fire whip in ESO.

I could see it being a nice set if/when animators are available again.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

Praetorian Police please! We have the animations and VFX! Hell, they're even already bundled up into abilities, since the Police have a bunch of abilities they use! Even some unique ones!

Vehicle travel power pool, please!

Hmmm, some kinda skates or slide as a move-speed equivalent to the jumping of Combat Jumping and the Flight of Hover.

A bike or something as the Fly equivalent, good for moving around but slow in combat.

A jetpack for flight, OR if you wanna be REALLY cool, use the jumppack effect from the Jump Pack p2w power and make a jump pack that doesn't switch off after 30s and break its cooldown half the time.

... Dunno what for the last two.

Vehicle travel power pool, please!

I rather disagree to this.  Now, I'm not dismissing the concept of Vehicle Powers.  Vehicle traveling should be set up ala the hover board, ninja run, flying carpet, and the rest.  Anything else would be too difficult to manage appropriately.

As for new powersets:

Expand the whip animations from Demon summoning for Assault lines, and maybe fold over for the melee sets.

Some of those powersets I see in the Pines builder, the old one even had an Experimentation Power Pool which had a SuperSpeed with Teleportation!  I really wanted to explore that route.

A spear melee set.  No, not pike or polearm, the short spear that Greek Phalanx and the Zhulus used.  You know, one that can be used with a shield.

I would like to see Gravity expanded beyond the Control Set, and Lady_Jade's Suggestion Thread had a few ideas on it, but I know it can be a difficult mess to deal with.

Are you a Wolf, a Sheep, or a Hound?

They called me crazy? They called me insane? THEY CALLED ME LOONEY!! and boy, were they right.