Hurricane and Procs

Spectre7878

• 2 weeks later
On 10/3/2020 at 7:17 PM, Spectre7878 said:

Would Force Feedback chance for recharge And or Exlosive Strike chance for smashing damage work in hurricane 

The only proc I put in it is the KB->KD proc.  Though, because of the way the FF +Rech works it might be worthwhile.  Since it checks to fire off each target in range every 10s (but doesn't stack) it will fire fairly often if you use Hurricane a lot (I don't).  The Explosive Strike proc is definitely not worth it; doing a little bit of damage to something occasionally just isn't that valuable.

Edited by csr

13 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

It's been awhile since I've used it in game but iirc the KB is only a chance to happen (per archived CoD 5% chance).  Most of what you see is the Repel effect.  Absolutely no expert on procs but pretty sure the chance for KB, combined with toggle AoE makes for pretty unreliable proc rate.

Good point, but if it's proc'ing off the actual KB, then it should check every time it happens, rather than every 10s.  It's not hard to check out in the RWZ dummy area though, and FF procs/unslotters aren't expensive, so I'll l leave it to the OP to test to see if he likes it.  Personally, my /Storm builds have tons of +Rech to begin with and use Hurricane as a situational power (my MM does run it constantly when solo), so it's not worth it.

• Thanks 1

Yes, slotting a kb to kd IO with an FF proc will work to get you those FF procs and increase overall recharge. The problem is that hurricane is a knockback and a repel so the mobs are pushed away from the effect. It is far more useful to slot repel or whirlwind this way than hurricane unfortunately for this reason. Hurricane pushes mobs away, making things a little harder for your AoEs. 😞

• Like 1