OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6

ztab2000

Some time ago after an update the Island Rum Launcher became unavailable to me. The icon for the launcher has a 🚫on it. When clicked a message is received that says " You can't use this version of the application 'Island Rum' with this version of OS X. You have OS X 10.11.6. The application requires OS X 10.12 or later."

I discovered that going directly to the COH application allowed the game to start up and run...but as of today this work-around is met with the error message "Wrong game version, run patcher and reconnect, server 20201006_2439, Client 20200628_1602.

There are those like myself who own older Mac's which simply cannot be updated to the latest version of OS X. I'm wondering what if any solution your team has or is working on to address this issue so users are not left out of the homecoming experience.

Regards,

same problem, only way me and my son could play together was with him using my old macbook pro 10.11.6 which cannot be updated further....

any help greatly appreciated.

ZERO MERIDIAN (AFFILIATED WITH THE HOUNDS OF L❤️VE) REUNION SERVE

ZM WATCHTOWER, Geosynchronous Low-Earth Orbit, Lat 51.476852 Long -0.000500,

enterbasefrompasscode ZEROMERIDIAN-1121 

ZM Watchtower is for all heroes at all times, all we ask is that you set your visual scale  /vis_scale 10

On 10/6/2020 at 9:32 PM, Number Six said:

How comfortable are you with things like copying files into the wine root that Island Rum originally set up, and editing the script that you've been running (or preferably a copy of it)?

Very much so here. I've been helping with testing on my 5 Macs over the Homecoming run, two are El Cap.  Thanks so much for jumping in on this.

With various CoH and Mac OS versions, CoH itself has appeared as both a directory or an application.  With no Island rum, I've just been launching the application directly to run.  I knew this would be fine until an update.  I brought an updated CoH directory from a newer Mac to the El Cap Mac to see if the package contents matched up with the dir.  They do, somewhat.  Guidance here would be great and I am happy to help.

In case anyone in this thread missed it, help is here!!

Thank you Manga, Number Six and the team.

#2 worked for me.

Method 2

1.  Download the Mac Installer from https://islandrum.eekstudio.com/mac-installer.zip

2.  Extract the Mac Installer and launch it.  It might require an administrator password.  Wait for it to complete.

3.  Launch the Homecoming Launcher by double-clicking the new "Launch CoH" icon inside the Applications folder.

Edited by Techulon

On 10/16/2020 at 4:37 AM, Techulon said:

#2 worked for me.

Method 2

1.  Download the Mac Installer from https://islandrum.eekstudio.com/mac-installer.zip

2.  Extract the Mac Installer and launch it.  It might require an administrator password.  Wait for it to complete.

3.  Launch the Homecoming Launcher by double-clicking the new "Launch CoH" icon inside the Applications folder.

solved!

Thank you!

• Like 1

ZM Watchtower is for all heroes at all times, all we ask is that you set your visual scale  /vis_scale 10

FYI, you may need to do it twice.

I just did it and got a security message "An error occurred copying the launcher program files. This may indicate the interference of anti-virus..."

On 10/15/2020 at 6:45 PM, GM Manga said:

Anyone who had issues using Method 2:  Download it again.  It's been replaced with a new installer that will try and set the correct coh folder permissions whether you like it or not!  That should put an end to the Launcher being unable to write to its folders.

And so I deleted the zip file and the package and tried a second time and it worked.

I would hope this game continues to at least support Windows 7 and El Capitan. I am not sure if anyone out there is running XP or Vista but I could see it working. I think El Capitan compatibility is a fair compromise. The original Mac Pro can run El Capitan and windows 10 if you set it up properly and it is a 14 year old machine. At least with up to dual 3 ghz quad core processors and 32gb of ddr2 ram you s hould be fine. It has a good selection of graphics cards it will run too. 

this means any MacBook Pro from 2008 on up and either of the white MacBooks should run CoH. Also any iMac from 2007 onwards as well. For the mini I would choose at least the 3,1 model.

On 10/15/2020 at 11:37 PM, Techulon said:

#2 worked for me.

Method 2

Method 2 worked amazing!!!! We are back fighting the good fight. Thank you to the team for not leaving us with dated tech behind. It's a testament to Apple. They might stop updating your computer but it never dies.

• 3 weeks later

Suddenly getting a new problem after todays patch.

Starting up is fine as usual (I've verified to check) everything works fine right up until server selection.

When I select my server (Reunion) i get the following pop-up - 

Wrong game version, run patcher and reconnect, server 20201107_3213, client 20201006_2439

Cap, See if this helps...

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Thanks Marine 🙂