Suggestion for TW on Scrappers.

@nihilii, TW is still very popular on all ATs that get them, its just overshadowed by thematic or ez farm picks on non-scrappers.

Its also not everyone's cup of tea... but seriously its not hard to play lets not kid ourselves. It's not like you have to do a quarter circle input then slam the other direction to use Titan Sweep. You just need to land 1 attack, then you get a window for fast attacks, repeat. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Galaxy Brain said:

@nihilii, TW is still very popular on all ATs that get them, its just overshadowed by thematic or ez farm picks on non-scrappers.

Its also not everyone's cup of tea... but seriously its not hard to play lets not kid ourselves. It's not like you have to do a quarter circle input then slam the other direction to use Titan Sweep. You just need to land 1 attack, then you get a window for fast attacks, repeat. 

It is pretty amusing.

If there's anything I enjoy about this game's combat, it's the deliberate nature of its animation-lock combat.  Other MMOs tend to have lots of complicating factors like Blade&Soul's animation-canceling strategy that was and exploit just incorporated into the base game when power-gamers discovered some of a class' attacks have animations you can "cancel" with other attacks, basically skyrocketing the DPA...but again, you have to use certain attacks and chain the shit out of them to get as much ani-cancel and chain back to it after it recharged.  I still don't understand the system fully...

Oh, and Final Fantasy XI has gear changing macros to maximize the effectiveness of skills, spells and abilities.  Some people even had gear macros they used while resting.  I think XIV did away with that system but the literal maze of skill chains is what it was replaced by.

GW2 navigates a combination of movement/placement where you're pretty much strafing 100% of the time.

CoH TW occasionally has a long animation and ZOMG it's sooOOOOOO BAD loL1