Recommend Powers?

beradical

I've never played a 'troller, but decided to add one to my arsenal of stalkers, scrappers & 'fenders.

What are good troller X/X combo's with strong synergy that add the most value to teams for the various 50+ TFs and iTrials? I like difficult (i.e. busy, squishies in melee, lots of powers, etc) characters to play, but not difficult in that they run out of endurance or super slow powers that go off when the rest of the team has already killed eveyone. I really, really hate slow and bulky in todays end-game.

What are your recommendations?

Dark/poison is very active, not too heavy on end, and always has a strong tool up to keep moving with the team.

Poison gives you very quick application -resist that is up every time you need it, and doesn't demand much slotting to work, giving you plenty of slots to add damage and other interesting effects to your dark powers, which are all baseline pretty strong.

If you are more open to thirsting for end, fire/storm is my favorite. Puts you in the mix with high impact powers and tons of damage. Solos very well too. It is one of the end spendiest combos in the game, but totally manageable with proper slotting, and runs like an absolute dream under ageless.

Edited by Onlyasandwich
  • Like 1

Ok, I just looked at Fire/Storm in mids and am super curious. I have plenty of money, would you happen to have a high end build you could share? Looks super fun and AoE definitely rules the game these days. I can live with running Ageless if that can keep it going.

Much appreciated.

Here is mine - I'm pretty sure it reflects most of my latest tweaks. I haven't looked at it in a couple months, so there may still be some productive modifications yet to make. I see a few small inefficiencies I might address - not thrilled with my tactics or steamy mist slotting. The build does work very well as is though.

Thinking about live, I think I actually dropped vengeance and worked Afterburner in its place. This is just a preference thing, but AB makes flying life so much nicer.

My priorities in this build:

- Heavy recharge.

- Native mez protection made perma by said recharge.

- As much endurance support as I could manage while pursing these goals.

What it lacks that some people pursue:

- Any sort of real defense totals. It has some from just powers, but no softcap. Between hurricane and all the lockdown/knockdown it provides, and its native mez protection, this is pretty much never a problem.  Resists are actually fairly modest across the board, giving me some pad for when something slips through. You can't just blindly run into a spawn and drool on it without actually using your powers. : )

Playstyle:

- Open up with bonfire, flashfire, or cinders - whatever is off cooldown. 

- Spam fire cages constantly. Pretty key in order to maintain containment and get lots of fun energy fonts out on the field. If the spawn is looser and we have no tanker, I may pop on hurricane and round them into a tight little ball. Hurricane is a sometimes power, but nice when needed.

- Freezing rain, jump into melee and let hot feet tick down while tossing tornado. Jump up in the air for an elevated lightning storm. 

- I keep a jump pack active with hover on for in-combat maneuverability.  Works like a dream.  Even native hover speed isn't bad these days, in any case. Hot feet can only be turned on close to the ground, but stays active once on. 

A lot of mobs will be dead by the time you get tornado out. LS and tornado cover you really well against tougher targets, keeping them knocked down.

- Depending on what is left, spam cages/psi tornado, or go single target spamming char and mental blast.

No matter what the situation, I usually have at least 2 big mezzes in my pocket ready to go. Once you hit the opener, your storm powers handle the control by themselves pretty well until things are dead usually, freeing you up to blast away.

Going truly all out with every power full blast will definitely drain you dry, but you don't need to spam everything on cooldown. Ageless lets you spam to your heart's content and be the storm god you deserve to be.

Speaking of going all out, av battles are a real treat. Nothing like three lightning storms and two tornados chewing up your foe while you blast and choke it to death. No other combo in any other AT gives me such a feeling of power.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Cosmic Compressor: Level 50 Science Controller
Primary Power Set: Fire Control
Secondary Power Set: Storm Summoning
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Char 
*  (A) Gladiator's Javelin - Chance of Damage(Toxic)
*  (7) Superior Will of the Controller - Recharge/Chance for Psionic Damage
*  (7) Unbreakable Constraint - Chance for Smashing Damage
*  (9) Ghost Widow's Embrace - Chance of Damage(Psionic)
*  (9) Gladiator's Net - Chance of Damage(Lethal)
*  (15) HamiO:Nucleolus Exposure

Level 1: Gale 
*  (A) Accuracy IO

Level 2: Fire Cages 
*  (A) Superior Overpowering Presence - RechargeTime/Energy Font
*  (34) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy)
*  (34) Trap of the Hunter - Chance of Damage(Lethal)
*  (37) Trap of the Hunter - Accuracy/Endurance
*  (40) Superior Overpowering Presence - Accuracy/Control Duration/Endurance

Level 4: Hasten 
*  (A) Recharge Reduction IO
*  (17) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 6: Hover 
*  (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Increased Global Recharge Speed

Level 8: Hot Feet 
*  (A) Armageddon - Chance for Fire Damage
*  (25) Armageddon - Damage/Endurance
*  (27) Armageddon - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
*  (27) Armageddon - Damage
*  (29) Armageddon - Accuracy/Recharge

Level 10: Steamy Mist 
*  (11) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
*  (11) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
*  (13) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%
*  (13) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/Endurance
*  (15) Resist Damage IO

Level 12: Flashfire 
*  (A) Superior Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Control Duration
*  (23) Superior Will of the Controller - Control Duration/Recharge
*  (25) Superior Will of the Controller - Endurance/Recharge
*  (34) Superior Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Control Duration/Endurance
*  (43) Superior Will of the Controller - Accuracy/Control Duration/Endurance/Recharge

Level 14: Fly 
*  (A) Blessing of the Zephyr - Knockback Reduction (4 points)

Level 16: Freezing Rain 
*  (A) Analyze Weakness - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
*  (17) Analyze Weakness - Accuracy/Recharge
*  (23) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 18: Cinders 
*  (A) Unbreakable Constraint - Hold
*  (19) Unbreakable Constraint - Hold/Recharge
*  (19) Unbreakable Constraint - Accuracy/Hold/Recharge
*  (21) Unbreakable Constraint - Accuracy/Recharge
*  (21) Unbreakable Constraint - Endurance/Hold

Level 20: Maneuvers 

Level 22: Tactics 
*  (A) Adjusted Targeting - To Hit Buff
*  (29) Adjusted Targeting - To Hit Buff/Recharge
*  (43) Adjusted Targeting - To Hit Buff/Endurance
*  (46) Adjusted Targeting - To Hit Buff/Endurance/Recharge
*  (46) Adjusted Targeting - Endurance/Recharge
*  (46) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up

Level 24: Hurricane 
*  (A) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff
*  (31) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff/Endurance
*  (31) Dark Watcher's Despair - To Hit Debuff/Recharge/Endurance
*  (31) Dark Watcher's Despair - Recharge/Endurance

Level 26: Bonfire 
*  (A) Sudden Acceleration - Knockback to Knockdown

Level 28: Vengeance 

Level 30: O2 Boost 
*  (A) Preventive Medicine - Chance for +Absorb

Level 32: Fire Imps 
*  (A) Soulbound Allegiance - Chance for Build Up
*  (33) Soulbound Allegiance - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
*  (33) Soulbound Allegiance - Damage
*  (33) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown

Level 35: Tornado 
*  (A) Sudden Acceleration - Knockback to Knockdown
*  (36) Expedient Reinforcement - Damage/Endurance
*  (36) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
*  (36) Expedient Reinforcement - Endurance/Damage/Recharge
*  (37) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage
*  (37) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff

Level 38: Lightning Storm 
*  (A) Decimation - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
*  (39) Decimation - Damage/Endurance
*  (39) Decimation - Damage/Recharge
*  (39) Decimation - Accuracy/Damage
*  (40) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative)
*  (40) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 41: Mental Blast 
*  (A) Apocalypse - Damage
*  (42) Apocalypse - Damage/Endurance
*  (42) Apocalypse - Damage/Recharge
*  (42) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
*  (43) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Recharge

Level 44: Mind Over Body 
*  (A) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
*  (45) Gladiator's Armor - Resistance
*  (45) Gladiator's Armor - End/Resist
*  (45) Gladiator's Armor - Resistance/Rech/End

Level 47: Psionic Tornado 
*  (A) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Recharge
*  (48) Ragnarok - Damage/Recharge
*  (48) Ragnarok - Damage
*  (48) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
*  (50) Ragnarok - Damage/Endurance

Level 49: Indomitable Will 
*  (50) Recharge Reduction IO
*  (50) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 1: Brawl 
*  (A) Empty

Level 1: Containment 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash 
*  (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide 
*  (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick 
*  (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush 
*  (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge 
*  (A) Empty

Level 1: Sprint 
*  (A) Empty

Level 2: Rest 
*  (A) Empty

Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift 
*  (A) Empty

Level 2: Health 
*  (A) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance
*  (3) Miracle - +Recovery
*  (3) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery

Level 2: Hurdle 
*  (A) Empty

Level 2: Stamina 
*  (A) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End
*  (5) Performance Shifter - EndMod
*  (5) Endurance Modification IO

Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Ageless Total Core Invocation 
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:
* 13% DamageBuff(Smashing)
* 13% DamageBuff(Lethal)
* 13% DamageBuff(Fire)
* 13% DamageBuff(Cold)
* 13% DamageBuff(Energy)
* 13% DamageBuff(Negative)
* 13% DamageBuff(Toxic)
* 13% DamageBuff(Psionic)
* 6% Defense(Melee)
* 6% Defense(Smashing)
* 6% Defense(Lethal)
* 6% Defense(Fire)
* 6% Defense(Cold)
* 6% Defense(Energy)
* 6% Defense(Negative)
* 6% Defense(Psionic)
* 6% Defense(Ranged)
* 6% Defense(AoE)
* 2.25% Max End
* 8% Enhancement(Stunned)
* 8% Enhancement(Held)
* 8% Enhancement(Confused)
* 8.8% Enhancement(Terrorized)
* 16% Enhancement(Sleep)
* 21% Enhancement(Immobilized)
* 69% Enhancement(Accuracy)
* 103.8% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
* 7.5% SpeedFlying
* GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance, if Scourge)
* 99.19 HP (9.75%) HitPoints
* 7.5% JumpHeight
* 7.5% SpeedJumping
* Knockback (Mag -7)
* Knockup (Mag -7)
* MezResist(Confused) 46.25%
* MezResist(Held) 46.25%
* MezResist(Immobilized) 46.25%
* MezResist(Sleep) 46.25%
* MezResist(Stunned) 46.25%
* MezResist(Terrorized) 46.25%
* MezResist(Teleport) 100% (20% chance)
* 18.5% (0.31 End/sec) Recovery
* 52% (2.2 HP/sec) Regeneration
* 18% Resistance(Fire)
* 18% Resistance(Cold)
* 6% Resistance(Energy)
* 6% Resistance(Negative)
* 3.75% Resistance(Toxic)
* 3.75% Resistance(Psionic)
* 7.5% SpeedRunning

Edited by Onlyasandwich

Considering the context that you want to provide value to teams, storm is rather selfish. I'd go with Fire/Kin - Buff your teammates and do decent damage yourself.

Just don't be a selfish fire/kin...

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

Just now, Nemu said:

Considering the context that you want to provide value to teams, storm is rather selfish. I'd go with Fire/Kin - Buff your teammates and do decent damage yourself.

Just don't be a selfish fire/kin...

Storm provides plenty of team value, and you are still a controller locking things down as well. Freezing rain is one of the best team benefits in the game, and ready every spawn. All by itself, it provides as much or more than many entire support sets. Part of the beauty of LS and tornado are that they provide great mitigation while blasting out damage. 

Don't get me wrong, I love my kins, but they are fairly one dimensional by comparison. Kin is great if you want to be a fancy blaster with endless endurance. Everyone loves hitting the damage cap of course!

But very few people make /storm because they are interested in bringing support to a team. They do so because of they want to be badass and they want to be self sufficient solo. Yes there are powers in the toolkit that help the team in as much that a scrapper helps the team kill. How many /storm trollers do you see taking O2 boost which provides end drain resistance, stun and sleep protection AND use them proactively when the situation calls for it? You mention FR, tornado and LS but you didn't even mention the benefits of steamy mist which highlights how most players think of storm, as a purely offensive secondary.

I'm not saying storm is terrible, I am saying that if you have a team oriented mindset Storm sits a bit lower on the totem pole compared to some other secondaries that have more team oriented powers in the toolkit. Kinetics straddles that line of being purely offensive and just having enough team buffs/debuffs and I think it's the best fit for this particular context.

Also, here is a good example of team value - Last phase of minds of mayhem where the entire league is getting hit with autohit psi damage. Storm is not going to help keep the league alive during that but Kinetics can. And don't tell me that you can solo that phase with the power of FR/LS/Tornado alone, this is one example of where a purely offensive secondary can fall short in a team setting.

Edited by Nemu
  • Like 1

Jezebel Delias

I am the Inner Circle!

Hey Nemu, you make great points, but I already have a Kin Corruptor. Kin is awesome, and yes, it is very active and busy, so I enjoy it. I'd be curious what else you consider top support powers for trollers?

And to play devils advocate, my Rad/Son Defender is awesome for support toon, but it provides very little in damage. And this is a real problem. Portals pop up in Magi, I'm not taking one down. Crates and Barrels in Lam, it'll take me a while to chip them away. Prisoners in BAF run right by me. So I think a great team toon has to do better damage than my /Son Defender. The whole point is to kill stuff, and Scrappers add a ton more value than my Defender a lot of the time. I'm not even sure that my rad/son's debuffs an buffs reduce an AV fight more than just having another high dps scrapper/stalker. I tell myself he is though.

• Like 1

To each their own, Nemu! I'm not talking about intentions, but what the set is capable of.

You should just play what you enjoy and find effective. 

I think most would agree that any /kin controller is a fine addition to the team. Selfishness is more about attitude and play style than the powers in these sets. 

A selfish kin will jump in and fulcrum with no regard to whether a teammate is in range yet, or neglects to speed boost anything but their pet.

A selfish storm will herdicane the mobs for fun when they have a good tanker on the team who would love to lead the way, or pop the aoe immob before the tank has everything hugging them.

As you noted, storm has great team support, between its defense, exotic resists, and diverse kit of debuffs. 02 boost even has its moments when someone is using a wakie or your point person is diving into sappers. 

Of course it is great to feel powerful! I think it is disengenuous to compare a stormy's team contribution to a scrapper. 

My only issue with kin these days is that you see a lot of them, and have a high likelihood of seeing one already on your end game team. Only one brings you to damage cap, so stacking kins is not as useful as stacking support sets that bring reliable -res.

Edited by Onlyasandwich

1 hour ago, Onlyasandwich said:

A selfish kin will jump in and fulcrum with no regard to whether a teammate is in range yet, or neglects to speed boost anything but their pet.

Which is why I said don't be a selfish kin 🙂

Anyway it's not my intention to start a debate about this, just to offer another perspective. Yes, storm will definitely do better than Kin for prisoners during BAF but Kin also has moments where it shines.

@beradical there are quite a few more support oriented secondaries out there but they don't bring the level of self sufficiency (damage) that /storm or Kin brings to the table. It really depends on the content. I still think Kin is the best all around generalist because of it's buffs which everyone likes and which benefit you enough so you can dish out decent damage, and the AoE heal which is a big deal for some content. Both /Storm and /Kin are really popular, as is /dark and /time. Just like Storm, /dark and /time allow you to be more tank mage while providing good buffs/debuffs. And those AoE heals, you might not need them all the time but you'll be happy to have them for content that need them.

I can say more about the other sets but I don't think those align with what you want from your initial request.

As a last word I will say that I've had a lot of fun with my ice/poison troller, and she plays the exact opposite way that you want. It's the most passive controller in my stable and she neuters stuff just by standing next to it. No damage to speak of though but boy can she /em dance when she throws down poison trap...

• Like 1

Jezebel Delias

I am the Inner Circle!

@Nemu - That's an interesting thought! What I wonder would be the most impactful fully passive combination out there.  Likely a question for a different thread. : ) 

As promised, here is my polished and current final build on my fire/storm, enhancement boosters and all. 

Cosmic Compressor: Level 50 Science Controller
Power Pool: Flight
Ancillary Pool: Psionic Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Char -- GldJvl-Dam%(A), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(7), UnbCns-Dam%(7), GhsWdwEmb-Dam%(9), NrnSht-Dam%(9), HO:Nucle(15)
Level 1: Gale -- Acc-I(A)
Level 2: Fire Cages -- SprOvrPrs-Rchg/Energy Font(A), JvlVll-Dam%(17), PstBls-Dam%(34), TraoftheH-Dam%(34), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(37), SprOvrPrs-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(40)
Level 4: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(17)
Level 6: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 8: Hot Feet -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(25), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Arm-Dmg(27), Arm-Acc/Rchg(29)
Level 10: Steamy Mist -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(11), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(11), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(13), StdPrt-ResDam/EndRdx(13), ResDam-I(15)
Level 12: Flashfire -- SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(23), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(34), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 14: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 16: Freezing Rain -- AnlWkn-Acc/Rchg/EndRdx(A), RechRdx-I(23)
Level 18: Cinders -- UnbCns-Hold(A), UnbCns-Hold/Rchg(19), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg(19), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg(21), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold(21)
Level 20: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Tactics -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(29), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(43), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(46), AdjTrg-EndRdx/Rchg(46), GssSynFr--Build%(46)
Level 24: Hurricane -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb(A), DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb/EndRdx(31), DarWtcDsp-ToHitdeb/Rchg/EndRdx(31), DarWtcDsp-Rchg/EndRdx(31)
Level 26: Bonfire -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A)
Level 28: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 30: O2 Boost -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 32: Fire Imps -- SlbAll-Build%(A), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SlbAll-Dmg(33), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(33)
Level 35: Tornado -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(36), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(36), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(37), AchHee-ResDeb%(37)
Level 38: Lightning Storm -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Dcm-Acc/Dmg(39), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Apc-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Mental Blast -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(42), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Apc-Acc/Rchg(43)
Level 44: Mind Over Body -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-ResDam(45), GldArm-End/Res(45), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(45)
Level 47: Psionic Tornado -- Rgn-Acc/Rchg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Dmg(48), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 49: Indomitable Will -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RechRdx-I(50), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(3), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(5), EndMod-I(5)
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Void Radial Final Judgement 
Level 50: Assault Radial Embodiment 
Level 50: Degenerative Core Flawless Interface 
------------

12 hours ago, Onlyasandwich said:

here is my polished and current final build on my fire/storm

You weren't kidding about recharge, and this is definitely the softest squishy i've ever rolled. This should be a challenge, and a lot of fun with my aggressive playstyle. Thank you again, off to level up.

• Thanks 1

I hope you enjoy it! I like that you can play it very safely and aggressively, but the safety is contingent on your active power usage. If you get complacent and let your controls lapse in an overaggroed crowd, or don't have your storm powers doing their work, you don't have capped defense to fall back on and will plant.

It's also fun to have a variety of approaches to each spawn. You have different openers to rotate, or you could even go old fashioned storm and herdicane if the situation calls for it.

When solo and especially at earlier levels, don't forget that you can place freezing rain or bonfire out of los around a corner. This is less necessary on teams, or later on when you have some resistance and Mez protection solo.

Edited by Onlyasandwich

On 10/11/2020 at 7:58 PM, Nemu said:

Considering the context that you want to provide value to teams, storm is rather selfish.

LMAO if you think that you're clearly playing Storm wrong. Massive debuffs make your teammates way more effective, additional mitigation to keep them alive, and one of the best heals in the game. Debuffs >> buffs because you never have to say stuff like "gather for RA". You debuff the enemies and it makes no difference where your teammates are standing, they get the benefit. Plus, Storm has actual damage attacks, so you're not leaning so hard on your teammates to do all the killing.

1, Don't be so quick to cherry pick one post or one line and knee jerk react to it. I explain my rationale a few posts down. Please take the time to read everything and take it all in context.

2 minutes ago, VV said:

Debuffs >> buffs

2, People need to stop with this above notion. Yes debuffs are powerful but buffs have their places too. I can counter your argument about debuffs by saying that you offer teammates NO protection whatsoever against mobs that are not debuffed whereas buffs do not depend on you debuffing enemies nor do their effectiveness scale with the purple patch, or that toggle debuffs shut down with mezzes whereas shields and other persistent buffs don't care what state you are in. Go fight some animus arcanum with their autohit slows where your recharge is slowed to oblivion and your debuffs can't come back fast enough and tell me that debuff>>buffs. This is one of those anti-healz0rs carryovers from 10 years ago and people need to get over it. You can pretend buffs don't matter but there is content in the game where they do, even heals. 

3, I also don't get the best heals in the game comment. If you are talking about the sheer amount of secondary effects O2 comes with yeah sure. But I think an AoE heal that heals yourself as well would place higher on the desirability scale.

Jezebel Delias

I am the Inner Circle!

I built this Fire/Storm specifically for running around in MSRs but found it to be pretty fun to run everywhere I've taken it.  Starts combat at 182% recharge and dials it up to 282 throughout, and that's before Ageless fires off.  Chunks out a Bonfire and Tornado every 12s, and a Lightning Storm every 18s.  

Is it a good support controller?  I dunno, I take all the aggro and kill everything before it can kill me.  That seems fairly supportive to me.

Spoiler

Full Recharge: Level 50 Technology Controller
Power Pool: Force of Will
Power Pool: Teleportation
Ancillary Pool: Fire Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Char -- GldNet-Acc/Hold:50(A), GldNet-Acc/Rchg:50(3), GldNet-Rchg/Hold:50(3), GldNet-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold:50(5), GldNet-Dam%:50(5)
Level 1: Gale -- FrcFdb-Acc/KB:50(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%:50(7), SuddAcc--KB/+KD:50(7)
Level 2: Fire Cages -- GrvAnc-Immob/Rchg:50(A), GrvAnc-Acc/Immob/Rchg:50(9), GrvAnc-Acc/Rchg:50(9), GrvAnc-Immob/EndRdx:50(11), GrvAnc-Hold%:50(11)
Level 4: Mighty Leap -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx:50(A)
Level 6: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 8: Hot Feet -- Mlt-Acc/EndRdx:50(A), Mlt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(19), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg:50(19), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(21), ScrDrv-Dmg/EndRdx:50(21)
Level 10: Steamy Mist -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx:50(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(23), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+:30(23), StdPrt-ResKB:30(25), GldArm-3defTpProc:50(25)
Level 12: Flashfire -- AbsAmz-Stun:50(A), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg:50(27), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg:50(27), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg:50(29), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun:50(29)
Level 14: Tactics -- GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx:50(A), GssSynFr--Build%:50(31)
Level 16: Freezing Rain -- Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(A), Ann-ResDeb%:50(31)
Level 18: Hasten -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(31)
Level 20: Weaken Resolve -- ShlBrk-Acc/DefDeb:30(A), ShlBrk-%Dam:30(33)
Level 22: Smoke -- DarWtcDsp-ToHitDeb:50(A)
Level 24: Wall of Force -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg:50(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx:50(33), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg:50(33), PstBls-Dmg/Rng:50(34), PstBls-Dam%:50(34), FrcFdb-Rechg%:50(34)
Level 26: Bonfire -- Ann-Dmg/Rchg:50(A), Ann-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(36), Artl-Dam/Rech:50(36), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech:50(36), FrcFdb-Rechg%:50(37), SuddAcc--KB/+KD:50(37)
Level 28: Teleport -- EndRdx-I:50(A)
Level 30: Thunder Clap -- Stp-Acc/Rchg:50(A), Stp-EndRdx/Stun:50(37), Stp-Acc/EndRdx:50(39), Stp-Stun/Rng:50(39), Stp-Acc/Stun/Rchg:50(39)
Level 32: Fire Imps -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg:50(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg:50(40), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(40), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg:50(40)
Level 35: Tornado -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg:50(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg:50(42), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(42), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg:50(42), FrcFdb-Rechg%:50(43), SuddAcc--KB/+KD:50(43)
Level 38: Lightning Storm -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg:50(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(43), Apc-Acc/Rchg:50(45), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx:50(45), Apc-Dam%:50(45), SuddAcc--KB/+KD:50(46)
Level 41: Fire Ball -- Rgn-Dmg:50(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg:50(46), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(46), Rgn-Acc/Rchg:50(48), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx:50(48)
Level 44: Cinders -- UnbCns-Hold/Rchg:50(A), UnbCns-Acc/Hold/Rchg:50(48), UnbCns-Acc/Rchg:50(50), UnbCns-EndRdx/Hold:50(50), UnbCns-Dam%:50(50)
Level 47: Unleash Potential -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+:40(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+:50(13), Pnc-Heal/+End:50(13), Prv-Absorb%:50(15)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- SynSck-EndMod:50(A), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed:50(15), PrfShf-EndMod:50(17), PrfShf-End%:50(17)
Level 50: Cardiac Total Core Revamp 
Level 50: Ion Total Core Judgement 
Level 50: Degenerative Total Core Conversion 
Level 50: Warworks Total Core Improved Ally 
Level 50: Assault Total Core Graft 
------------
------------
Set Bonus Totals:
* 12.5% DamageBuff(Smashing)
* 12.5% DamageBuff(Lethal)
* 12.5% DamageBuff(Fire)
* 12.5% DamageBuff(Cold)
* 12.5% DamageBuff(Energy)
* 12.5% DamageBuff(Negative)
* 12.5% DamageBuff(Toxic)
* 12.5% DamageBuff(Psionic)
* 6% Defense(Melee)
* 6% Defense(Smashing)
* 6% Defense(Lethal)
* 6% Defense(Fire)
* 6% Defense(Cold)
* 6% Defense(Energy)
* 6% Defense(Negative)
* 6% Defense(Psionic)
* 6% Defense(Ranged)
* 6% Defense(AoE)
* 4.95% Max End
* 69% Enhancement(Accuracy)
* 3% Enhancement(Stunned)
* 112.5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
* 2.5% Enhancement(Held)
* 30% SpeedFlying
* GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance, if Scourge)
* 49.6 HP (4.88%) HitPoints
* 30% JumpHeight
* 30% SpeedJumping
* Knockback (Mag -4)
* Knockup (Mag -4)
* MezResist(Confused) 55%
* MezResist(Held) 55%
* MezResist(Immobilized) 55%
* MezResist(Sleep) 55%
* MezResist(Stunned) 55%
* MezResist(Terrorized) 55%
* MezResist(Teleport) 100% (20% chance)
* 25% (0.42 End/sec) Recovery
* 44% (1.86 HP/sec) Regeneration
* 1.5% Resistance(Smashing)
* 1.5% Resistance(Lethal)
* 26.25% Resistance(Fire)
* 26.25% Resistance(Cold)
* 5.25% Resistance(Energy)
* 5.25% Resistance(Negative)
* 45% SpeedRunning

------------
Set Bonuses:
Gladiator's Net
(Char)
*   2.5% Enhancement(Held)
*   2.25% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 3.75%, MezResist(Held) 3.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 3.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 3.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 3.75%, MezResist(Confused) 3.75%
*   2.25% Max End
*   10% Enhancement(Range)

Force Feedback
(Gale)
*   7.5% SpeedJumping, 7.5% JumpHeight, 7.5% SpeedFlying, 7.5% SpeedRunning

Gravitational Anchor
(Fire Cages)
*   4% (0.07 End/sec) Recovery
*   6% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 10%, MezResist(Held) 10%, MezResist(Stunned) 10%, MezResist(Sleep) 10%, MezResist(Terrorized) 10%, MezResist(Confused) 10%
*   15% Enhancement(Accuracy)
*   10% Enhancement(RechargeTime)

Luck of the Gambler
(Maneuvers)
*  7.5% Enhancement(RechargeTime)

Multi-Strike
(Hot Feet)
*   1.5% Resistance(Smashing,Lethal), MezResist(Immobilized) 2.5%, MezResist(Held) 2.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 2.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 2.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 2.5%, MezResist(Confused) 2.5%

Scirocco's Dervish
(Hot Feet)
*   10% (0.42 HP/sec) Regeneration
*   2.25% Resistance(Energy,Negative), MezResist(Immobilized) 3.75%, MezResist(Held) 3.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 3.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 3.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 3.75%, MezResist(Confused) 3.75%

Luck of the Gambler
(Steamy Mist)
*   10% (0.42 HP/sec) Regeneration

Steadfast Protection
(Steamy Mist)
*   1.5% (0.03 End/sec) Recovery
*  3% Defense(Melee), 3% Defense(AoE), 3% Defense(Ranged), 3% Defense(Smashing), 3% Defense(Lethal), 3% Defense(Fire), 3% Defense(Cold), 3% Defense(Energy), 3% Defense(Negative), 3% Defense(Psionic)
*  Knockback (Mag -4), Knockup (Mag -4)

Gladiator's Armor
(Steamy Mist)
*  3% Defense(Melee), 3% Defense(AoE), 3% Defense(Ranged), 3% Defense(Smashing), 3% Defense(Lethal), 3% Defense(Fire), 3% Defense(Cold), 3% Defense(Energy), 3% Defense(Negative), 3% Defense(Psionic), MezResist(Teleport) 100% (20% chance)

Absolute Amazement
(Flashfire)
*   6% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 10%, MezResist(Held) 10%, MezResist(Stunned) 10%, MezResist(Sleep) 10%, MezResist(Terrorized) 10%, MezResist(Confused) 10%

Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control
(Tactics)

Annihilation
(Freezing Rain)
*   1.35% Max End

Shield Breaker
(Weaken Resolve)
*   2.5% (0.04 End/sec) Recovery

Positron's Blast
(Wall of Force)
*   2.25% Resistance(Fire,Cold), MezResist(Immobilized) 3.75%, MezResist(Held) 3.75%, MezResist(Stunned) 3.75%, MezResist(Sleep) 3.75%, MezResist(Terrorized) 3.75%, MezResist(Confused) 3.75%
*   9% Enhancement(Accuracy)
*   6.25% Enhancement(RechargeTime)

Annihilation
(Bonfire)
*   1.35% Max End

Artillery
(Bonfire)
*   8% (0.34 HP/sec) Regeneration

Stupefy
(Thunder Clap)
*   19.08 HP (1.88%) HitPoints
*   3% Enhancement(Stunned)

Expedient Reinforcement
(Fire Imps)
*   1.5% Resistance(Energy,Negative), MezResist(Immobilized) 2.5%, MezResist(Held) 2.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 2.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 2.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 2.5%, MezResist(Confused) 2.5%
*   3% DamageBuff(All)

Expedient Reinforcement
(Tornado)
*   1.5% Resistance(Energy,Negative), MezResist(Immobilized) 2.5%, MezResist(Held) 2.5%, MezResist(Stunned) 2.5%, MezResist(Sleep) 2.5%, MezResist(Terrorized) 2.5%, MezResist(Confused) 2.5%
*   3% DamageBuff(All)

Apocalypse
(Lightning Storm)
*   16% (0.68 HP/sec) Regeneration
*   30.52 HP (3%) HitPoints
*   4% DamageBuff(All)

Ragnarok
(Fire Ball)

Unbreakable Constraint
(Cinders)

Luck of the Gambler
(Unleash Potential)

Luck of the Gambler
(Vengeance)

Preventive Medicine
(Health)
*  GrantPower Preventive Medicine (10% chance, if Scourge), GrantPower Preventive Medicine (if Scourge)

Synapse's Shock
(Stamina)
*  15% SpeedRunning

Performance Shifter
(Stamina)

• Like 2

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

2 hours ago, VV said:

LMAO if you think that you're clearly playing Storm wrong. Massive debuffs make your teammates way more effective, additional mitigation to keep them alive, and one of the best heals in the game. Debuffs >> buffs because you never have to say stuff like "gather for RA". You debuff the enemies and it makes no difference where your teammates are standing, they get the benefit. Plus, Storm has actual damage attacks, so you're not leaning so hard on your teammates to do all the killing.

Nemu is just offering their own take on an optimal set for the situation. I must admit I felt a bit the need to defend storm from "selfish," but I get the implication.

It is true than kin is a very fun, active, and strong team contributor. I personally prefer the very aggressive stormy playstyle, but kin offers more that most teams want than any other buff oriented set in my opinion.

It is pretty hard to compare such different sets side by side. They are each their own beast, and there is a reason both are very popular. 

21 hours ago, Onlyasandwich said:

Nemu is just offering their own take on an optimal set for the situation. I must admit I felt a bit the need to defend storm from "selfish," but I get the implication.

It is true than kin is a very fun, active, and strong team contributor. I personally prefer the very aggressive stormy playstyle, but kin offers more that most teams want than any other buff oriented set in my opinion.

It is pretty hard to compare such different sets side by side. They are each their own beast, and there is a reason both are very popular. 

I definitely have nothing against Kins, they are great. And certainly easier to play than a Storm. But calling Storm "selfish" just show a real lack of understanding of how it works and I didn't want the OP and others to be left with the wrong impression about it.

• Like 1

Ok, first solid day running this toon, it's fully IOd and mostly T3'd and T4'd, and it is a major departure from everything else I have played.

Right now this is the squishiest, most complicated, endurance heavy and expensive I've yet rolled, but seriously fun. I haven't died this much in a long time, but my endurance issues were largely resolved once I got my Ageless T4. Finishing my accolades will help a bit more. I find this toon very survivable solo, but actually harder in trials where I'm not entirely certain who has aggro with all the players and chaos, and blappers are so skilled at spreading out mobs making it harder to control. He cannot survive many direct ranged shots, and in the chaos I find myself taking a lot of random damage from unknown sources, relying more heavily on inspirations than I have with any other toon.

I'll get better, especially as I get more comfortable with the powers. I noticed that I tend to drop all of my AoE CC with the first group, then have minimal CC for the second group - I need to work on spacing out CC so I have constant mitigation.

I haven't grown to appreciate the PBAoE toggles yet (Hurricane & Hot Feet), I'm struggling to stay upright in the thick of it for long, but tomorrow I'm going to run solo tips and focus on practicing melee controls, using Hurricane to pin mobs in a corner as you mentioned above. Also sucks that Fly + Hot Feet/Flashfire don't mesh. Fly is handy to drop storms over groups/AVs, but I might switch to CJ, SJ + Hover.

I'm going to set up some target binds for the click locations, I personally hate these in the thick of it. I did this with my Elec/Shied Stalker and it was a game changer. Much more fun and playable. You only have to cast a Tornado on top of a light pole once to get frustrated at it.

It also seems like it takes a while to really get my damage going. But once I've got my location DoTs down, then drop the imps, storm, tornados and lore if necessary, then the damage really starts to pile on. I feel like this toon brings a lot to an AV fight, but still decent enough burst dmg to drop portals, crates/barrels, mobs, etc.

I can't seem to hold AVs, but I sure can put a beatdown on them. Err rather let all my summonings put a beat down on them. I prefer this.

Also, have to disagree with statement above. The heal is super unimpressive. Maybe with Sappers or Mu around, but compared to my AoE heals with Kin and Rad, it's easily the worst of the group. But at least it's super fast so I can spam on the tank, and let everyone else (myself included) die because tank is too slow to pull Voids to the AV lol.

It is so awesome to have a real challenge again, and this toon is just so much fun. Even if I have to carry a lot of wakies right now 😃

• Like 2

You don't have to carry a lot of wakies.

Level 50 Science Controller
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Char -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(3), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(3), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(5)
Level 1: Gale -- Empty(A)
Level 2: O2 Boost -- HO:Golgi(A)
Level 4: Super Speed -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A)
Level 6: Fire Cages -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(7), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(7)
Level 8: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(9)
Level 10: Steamy Mist -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(11), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(11), LucoftheG-Def(21), UnbGrd-ResDam(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(23)
Level 12: Flashfire -- SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear(A), SprWiloft-Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/Rchg(13), SprWiloft-EndRdx/Rchg(13), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx(15), SprWiloft-Acc/Conf/Hold/Immob/Sleep/Stun/Fear/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprWiloft-Rchg/Dmg%(17)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15)
Level 16: Freezing Rain -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(29), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(37), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39)
Level 18: Cinders -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(19), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(19), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(21)
Level 20: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 22: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), ResDam-I(34), HO:Ribo(39)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(25), ShlWal-Def(25), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(27)
Level 26: Bonfire -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(27)
Level 28: Hot Feet -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(29), Erd-Acc/Rchg(43), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(46)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(31), Rct-Def/EndRdx(31), Rct-ResDam%(31)
Level 32: Fire Imps -- ExpRnf-Acc/Rchg(A), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg(33), ExpRnf-Dmg/EndRdx(33), ExpRnf-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), ExpRnf-EndRdx/Dmg/Rchg(34), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(34)
Level 35: Power Sink -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(36), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(36), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(36), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(37), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(37)
Level 38: Lightning Storm -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), Apc-Dmg(39), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Apc-Acc/Rchg(40), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Apc-Dam%(42)
Level 41: Tornado -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), AchHee-ResDeb%(42), SlbAll-Dmg/EndRdx(42), SlbAll-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SlbAll-Dmg/Rchg(46), FrcFdb-Rechg%(50)
Level 44: Charged Armor -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(45), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(45), RctArm-ResDam(45)
Level 47: Ball Lightning -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(48), Artl-Dam/Rech(48), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(48), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(50), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(50)
Level 49: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(5), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(9)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve
Level 0: Portal Jockey
Level 0: Task Force Commander
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion
Level 50: Nerve Core Paragon
Level 50: Clarion Radial Epiphany
Level 50: Support Core Embodiment
Level 50: Paralytic Radial Flawless Interface
------------

Building for extreme recharge is a relic of the past and it works better for dedicated teaming with friends that can support the holes in such builds. You can see where that gets you for end game teaming sessions especially when things get chaotic, that's where these types of builds fall apart. When you can control incoming damage without fear of adds it works, but when the random adds come in you die. And despite the amount of recharge, those adds can and will always catch you when your CCs are on cooldown. You can't and shouldn't depend on PUGs to barrier whenever you need it so it benefits you and the team to build for survival since a dead teammate doesn't contribute, other than being vengeance/fallout fodder. TL;DR You can't control everything, build some personal protection.

Extreme recharge builds not only ignore defense but also slow resist. Have you ever been slowed? Fight a room full of council galaxy with no defense? Fight those animus arcanum orbs with their auto slows and ice storms? Where does that extreme recharge get you now? You can't move fast enough out of the debuff zone and you can't cycle you powers fast enough to retaliate. This is where winter sets come in. At 2-3 slots they not only offer slow resist but also fire/cold resist, there's a lot of value in those sets.

As for defense, ranged defense is the most important. It's not the things that you have in your face that's scary, you probably have them held/disoriented feared/knocked down etc..., and if they take a shot at you it's only occasional. It's the stuff from range that will kill you and you are learning that the hard way.

This build will make you a tank mage and I don't think you will miss the 35% global recharge I shaved off to get to that level of survival. For slotting efficiency I removed hurricane but you can just as easily fit it back in.

Jezebel Delias

I am the Inner Circle!

I'm glad you're enjoying it, beradical!

Powerexeclocation binds definitely make life easier.

You definitely need to pace your aoe controls, as you do rely on them for survival, and there's not much gain in just throwing them out in top of each other. My go to is usually bonfire, with flashfire as a secondary. Freezing rain is a usable opener in a pinch. I like to reserve cinders for those "stuff is out of control and Im not sure where it's coming from" situations, as it is pbaoe and fast activating.

In teams, I run with hurricane off most of the time. Even solo it is mostly a tool to solve difficult overaggro situations. If you find yourself overwhelmed, popping hurricane and kissing every mob you can makes a world of difference.

I don't generally corner herd with hurricane, though it is a viable tactic. With cages down, mobs stay nice and stable as you tie them into a clean bunch. This is usually not necessary, but sometimes handy with more spread out spawns, or split aggro.

I don't mind the hot feet activation before flying much myself, as I do have Mez protection and don't have to retoggle it much. Certainly jumping pool is good if you like. I don't always jump in the thick with hotfeet on teams, but it is nice extra damage if you can, and helps speed up solo efforts once you get your rhythm down. 

The heal is not really a heal. Is is a pm proc mule and occasional stun releaser most of the time. Easily dropped if there is a low slot demand power you prefer.

What this, or really most controllers don't have is a big chunky burst aoe. Everything does damage, and it all adds up pretty quickly. Your real damage dealers are cages, tornado, imps, and LS (with freezing rain empowering then of course). Psy Nado helps things along when needed, and hot feet contributes when you can position correctly. 

What Nemu sees as a weakness of this build is actually why I enjoy it. I don't just sit at ranged def cap all day blah blahing my powers. I have to use them with thought in order to succeed, and I definitely have the tools to survive if I use them.

Happy hunting!

Edited by Onlyasandwich
  • Like 1