Not launching game

SuperPlyx

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit SP1

I was unable to get the launcher to load the first time I tried (see earlier in this thread).

I cleared my browser cache and downloaded whatever is the latest version of the installer (11/8/2020 5:30 PM EST). I was able to run it and get into the game with little bother.

To run the launcher a second time, I needed to replace my start menu shortcut with an apparently identical one that I created. Dunno what's up with that, but it works.

I'm now playing the game using the new launcher.

7 minutes ago, Pengy said:

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit SP1

I was unable to get the launcher to load the first time I tried (see earlier in this thread).

I cleared my browser cache and downloaded whatever is the latest version of the installer (11/8/2020 5:30 PM EST). I was able to run it and get into the game with little bother.

To run the launcher a second time, I needed to replace my start menu shortcut with an apparently identical one that I created. Dunno what's up with that, but it works.

I'm now playing the game using the new launcher.

Yeah, Number Six fixed it today and uploaded the new launcher. 

Edit: to be clear, clearing your browser cache didn't do anything, that's a coincidence, they changed some code in the launcher and the new version works. I'm only mentioning this in case anyone else that has been having the issue thinks they need to do that as well.

Just download the new launcher and install that, although you should delete any folders from previously attempted installs first, and you should be good to go.

Edited by CaptainLupis
  • Like 2

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

• 2 months later
1 hour ago, AkaiKiri said:

I am having a problem with it not even going past launcher, launcher starts fine then as soon as it gets to the log on part it suddenly crashes, asking me to send a crash report and nothing else allowed

Was it working before and has stopped working, or has it never worked with the new launcher?

On 1/23/2021 at 9:59 AM, CaptainLupis said:

Was it working before and has stopped working, or has it never worked with the new launcher?

was working before as in i was playing 3 hours before then logged off for family duties then when i tried to log on it pulls up the launching screen but as soon as it changes over to the part where you put in your username and password it boots me out and a crash logger screen shows up

On 1/23/2021 at 9:59 AM, CaptainLupis said:

• 10 months later

I cannot get the hcinstall.exe to complete. It freezes at Completing setup, activity of the install program drops to less than 0.1% in Task Manager, and just hangs.

Last 3 entries in Launcher log are:

2021-11-27 20:02:07    bootstrap: Package is valid
2021-11-27 20:02:07    bootstrap: Cached package loaded

I cannot find a crash log.

I have done this with and without my Antivirus enabled.

COH STUCK.jpg

4 hours ago, PaganSteel said:

I cannot get the hcinstall.exe to complete. It freezes at Completing setup, activity of the install program drops to less than 0.1% in Task Manager, and just hangs.

Last 3 entries in Launcher log are:

2021-11-27 20:02:07    bootstrap: Cached package loaded

I cannot find a crash log.

I have done this with and without my Antivirus enabled.

COH STUCK.jpg

The first thing to try, if you haven't done it already, is to delete any folders you have attempted to install to previously, before trying to install it again.

4 hours ago, CaptainLupis said:

The first thing to try, if you haven't done it already, is to delete any folders you have attempted to install to previously, before trying to install it again.

Yep, did that several times. Tried different folders on different drives too. 

• City Council

That's a very odd place for it to stop. The next thing that should happen after that message is it determines if you have a 64-bit machine, and if the right C runtime library is installed, but that seems to be getting stuck somehow, neither succeeding or failing.

If you do have a 64-bit OS (the vast majority these days), you could try running the appropriate binary directly and not depending on the handoff from the 32-bit installer. Look under bin\win64 and try running the launcher.exe there.