City of Titans / Missing Worlds Media / Phoenix Project

_NOPE_

Has anyone been following this project at all?

I was one of the Kickstarter backers, and have been completely frustrated with how painfully slow the process appears to be going, but it looks like at least they are still making SOME progress, and the progress they have made, at least in the character creator, is very impressive, and might give CoH a run for the money in that department. Here's a new video they just released:

Now that being said, that's just a character creator, that's not a GAME. I'm withholding judgement until I see how the actual GAME comes together, and I have yet to see any sort of timeline for the project. So, I'm expecting.... 2030 release? 😄

• Like 1
I'm out.

I think the only one of these games I was following was Valiance. I got to play it for awhile during one of their stress tests some years ago. It was a nice little tech demo at that point but looked like it had promise. Haven't checked back with it in a long while though. I've never had any real interest in City of Titans, for some reason it just looked like vaporware from the start to me. *shrugs*

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

• 2 weeks later

I follow and have thrown money at them. 

I agree that the character creator looks pretty cool and the island is very pretty.  I have faith in time they will deliver and it will be awesome. 

I will never be a tester for the game though, more the person that pops in from time to time to see how it progresses. I dislike the idea of hunting for bugs and what not. I went to CoH testing server twice as well wandering through Grim Dawn early on. I get frustrated, and frankly bored, by the process so I thank those out there that do the task for the rest of us. 

Like I keep saying in all the other threads: of all the 'spiritual successors', City of Titans are the only people whom I'm certain are not scammers or idiots. They truly *want* to give us a finished, polished MMO. However, I strongly doubt that they will ever cross the finish line.

• Like 3

I haven't really followed the project. It it really hard to pull of such a thing.

The video looks nice. But this is the "relatively" easy part. A ton of would would need to be done in 3D modelling to create all kinds of different costume pieces.

With the source now available, there might be a future where some of these efforts can be merged and used as an "upgrade" to the old game, instead of having to do everything from scratch.

We will see what the future brings.

The adventurous Space Janitor reporting for duty. Cleaning the universe since 1992 and Paragon City, the Rogue Isles and Praetoria since 2011.

BlueYellowRed.png.cffb9b692dd0484133ca1d9ee2c8c4ce.png