A couple of costume questions

hurricane567

1. Yeah, it's gonna have hair

2. You could do that with a couple of macros/binds, something like...

/macro flyon "powexec_name Fly$$cc 2" and /macro flyoff "powexec_name Fly$$cc 3"

And just have them in your power tray. You would click those to toggle fly instead of clicking Fly and it should achieve the desired effect, unless I'm wrong.

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

Hey, this reminds me, I had my own costume question too, hope you don't mind me piggy-backing off your thread:

I was trying to find that aviator's leather helmet-looking hat for a costume the other day and apparently missed it.  Is it under hat, half helm, or what?  And what's it called?

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 minute ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

I was trying to find that aviator's leather helmet-looking hat for a costume the other day and apparently missed it.  Is it under hat, half helm, or what?  And what's it called?

I think the one you're thinking of is the Resistance hat, under hats.  It's pretty close to a bomber hat.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

That may be it, that sounds right.  Thanks for the quick reply!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

8 hours ago, Leetdeth said:

/macro flyon "powexec_name Fly$$cc 2" and /macro flyoff "powexec_name Fly$$cc 3"

And just have them in your power tray. You would click those to toggle fly instead of clicking Fly and it should achieve the desired effect, unless I'm wrong.

I use numpadenter for my travel powers. I also use the number pad itself for my movement.

I have a character in a mech suit that adds a jet pack when he flies. His rotating keybind is:

flyon.txt

numpadenter "powexectoggleon fly$$cc2$$bind_load_file D:/coh/keybinds/flyoff.txt"

and

flyoff.txt

numpadenter "powexectoggleoff fly$$cc1$$bind_load_file D:/coh/keybinds/flyon.txt

To to prime your characters keybind, just type /bin_load_file D:/coh/keybinds/flyon.txt

What that does is that whenever I hit the key for my travel power, it will either toggle the power on, or off, and change to the appropriate costume slot, depending on which bind is currently loaded.

It also makes correcting the costume sync issue, from a defeat with fly on, easy.

To set it up, just create the 2 text files, and place them in the CoH folder somewhere.

I like to keep all my keybinds together, so I created a keybinds folder in the CoH folder.

Just make sure the path in the bind_load_file command matches where you actually placed the text files.

Note: you can substitute another key for the numpadenter key