Porting maps to the AE?

Take One

I've been asking around on the Discord but nobody seems to know anything about how this is done, or which Dev I might want to ask about it.

Maybe nobody is trying to do this at all, which would be understandable. I'm just trying to find out if there are plans to make more maps available in the AE, and maybe a little about how it's done.

Maybe it's something I could potentially do with my limited programming knowledge, or anyone if it's mostly a matter of data entry/revision.

• Like 2

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

Is there a specific map you want to see ported? I know that not every map is available in AE, but I'm also hard-pressed to think about which ones are currently excluded. Make sure you're looking in the "unique" maps category for anything that isn't a warehouse, office, sewer tunnel or a cave.

1 hour ago, EmperorSteele said:

Is there a specific map you want to see ported? I know that not every map is available in AE, but I'm also hard-pressed to think about which ones are currently excluded. Make sure you're looking in the "unique" maps category for anything that isn't a warehouse, office, sewer tunnel or a cave.

There are a massive amount of maps in content that are not in AE, particularly ones that arrived in later arcs like the SSAs and Night Ward unique missions. There have been some lovely additions by the volunteer dev team (such as the space island map, the road tunnel, and even porting in the Talons of Vengeance cave set), but choices are still quite limited compared to what you come across playing the game. For instance, there’s a mayhem/safeguard exterior component for every hero zone in the game, but no such equivalent exists in AE and as such you can’t have a mission set outside in Talos, Brickstown, Founder’s, Peregrine Island, or Kings Row.

I don’t know the method for adding AE maps exactly — I’m aware that it isn’t exactly one-for-one transfer since specific spawn points have to be set for mission details — but yeah, I think making more maps available as things progress (which the original live devs neglected) is great. AE really is an amazing tool for a lot of people to continue playing the game, and while adding new ‘official’ arcs is great, we’re all pretty much just doing fanfiction at this point so enabling players is a win-win.

• Like 3

On 11/1/2020 at 5:20 PM, EmperorSteele said:

Well, I was planning an arc with some viking action so I could use snow-covered maps. Like the ones we have in the winter events, against Snaptooth and the winter witch.

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

On 11/9/2020 at 4:21 PM, Fredpic said:

Well, I was planning an arc with some viking action so I could use snow-covered maps. Like the ones we have in the winter events, against Snaptooth and the winter witch.

I'm also writing an arc that involves a mythological race known as the "Frost Giants," so snow-covered maps are a must for me. Also, the map from the last mission from Twinshot's second arc would be cool. I don't think there are too many Galaxy City maps.