Metal Skins for Shields?

Solarverse

Yeah...so long as they remove any star graphic that can be slapped  on it; cause you know the steel looking skin probably doesn't exist for a certain patriotic military man in tights that would cause a huge issue.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

1 hour ago, Outrider_01 said:

Yeah...so long as they remove any star graphic that can be slapped  on it; cause you know the steel looking skin probably doesn't exist for a certain patriotic military man in tights that would cause a huge issue.

You mean like this?

Starsman.jpg.de1f9aad2e40cb8d067341ced5d8c9be.jpg

What is so bad about that? That's like saying we made a mistake giving people the option to have green skin, or red skin, or any other color Hulk has had. That's like saying it's okay to have capes, so long as they aren't red. I see nothing wrong with Stars on Metal Shields. You know, it is possible to do a Star on a Shield without copyright infringement. His name is Starsman by the way.

I just can't see setting limitations on things for fear that somebody will use that option for copyright infringement. That's what we have the report function for.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Solarverse said:

Most of the shields do not have Metal Shield variants. You can get plated or riveted, but not solid steel with that shiny steel look. Any chance of adding a Steel Skin to the Standard Shields?

Wow, read the post name and I thought you were talking about "metal skin" instead of shields.

Of course, there are other obviously that put on armor as a "metal" shell.

So not needing an actual visible shield but going through the same animations without it.

Sounds like a great Sentinel secondary to me in addition the Tanker and Scrapper sets. 

Captain Atom.jpg

Citizen Steel.jpg

major force.jpg

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.