LRM Rocket not visible

Ironblade

Here is a screenshot of my character firing the LRM Rocket.  When he draws it, his hands are empty.  The blast appears about where a gun barrel would end, but no weapon is visible.

He is dual pistols / devices.

LRM.JPG

Edited by Ironblade

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

16 hours ago, Giovanni Valia said:

Strange, but stranger that anyone would take LRM Rocket.

It was a thematic choice for Pakfront, the AR/EM Blaster that was the first character I created back on May 8, 2004, and that I recreated as my first character on Homecoming. Once weapon customization was rolled out, both her regular weapon and the LRM were the custom Redding rifle.

Solved.

Even though my character is dual pistols, I had to go in to the costume editor and change the ASSAULT RIFLE.  It was set to the default Legacy Assault Rifle which seems to be broken.  Change it to something else and the LRM Rocket uses that Assault Rifle model.

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

• 2 weeks later

Broken again!

Okay, I thought that going to the tailor had fixed it.  It turns out that fixing the rifle broke my pistols.

After several attempts at fixing this, it's clear I have a choice:

If I want dual pistols (one in each hand), my rifle will be invisible.

If I want to see my rifle, one of my pistols (the right hand) disappears.

There is some incompatibility issue here.

• Like 2

In these powers' current implementation, you will never be able to comfortably have both of these working I'm afraid. As I understand it, in a costume there are 4 costume slots used by weapon customisation.

Slot 1: Right Hand Weapon (Dual Pistol R, Assault Rifle, Dual Blades R, Claws R, Battle Axe, Broadsword, War Mace, Beam Rifle)

Slot 2: Left Hand Weapon (Blaster/Mastermind Dual Pistol L, Def/Cor Archery/Trick Arrow, Blaster Tac Arrow Dual Blade L, Claws L, Shield Geometry 1, Melee Archetype Katana, Titan Weapon, Staff)

Slot 3: Left Hand Additional (Shield Geometry 2, Blaster Secondary Katana, Corruptor/Defender Dual Pistol L, MM Trick Arrow, likely Sentinel Ninja Tools Epic Pool Katana)

Slot 4: ??? (Arachnos Mace, not sure if anything else)

Dual Pistols being separately customisable take up 2 slots in total. Slot 1 with the Right Hand Pistol, this is the same slot that Assault Rifle Primary customisation would normally use and the conflict arises as Munitions Mastery shares the same AR customisation slot so it works nicely with Assault Rifle Blasters and uses the same model without having to redraw. The 2nd slot is taken up by the Left Hand Pistol and the 3rd slot I know is used by the Katana in Blaster Ninja Training Secondary. The 4th slot I know is used by the Arachnos Mace Patron Pool customisation but I'm unsure if it's used for anything else.

I wonder then, if it would be possible to make the Munitions Mastery customisation use the 4th slot used by the Arachnos Mace, since the slots should never overlap in practice. It would mean that AR Blasters would have to re-customise their costumes with an additional weapon, but if possible it would fix this overlap. I believe the use of Slot 3 for anything other than the Shield Additional geometry (the symbol and a couple other options) was something done under SCOREs I25 by whoever worked on the Ninja Training and Ninja Tools powersets, and seems a decent workaround to allow more customisation options in the left hand, so I don't see why Slot 4 couldn't serve the same purpose for the Right Hand. 

Edit: Just noticed, Corruptors and Defenders appear to use Slot 3 for Dual Pistol Left, allowing Dual Pistols and Trick Arrow to combine, and Masterminds use Slot 3 for Trick Arrow to not conflict with Thugs DPs. I imagine then this mess runs all the way back to Weapon Customisation's introduction in Issue 11.

A similar overlap happens if you take Tactical Arrow secondary and Dual Pistols, with the Bow and Dual Pistol L conflicting. This would be difficult to fix, since moving the Bow customisation to Slot 3 would then cause Archery Primary to conflict with the Ninja Training Katana (likely a more popular combo), and those are the only two Left Hand slots.

Edit: My personal fix would be to remove the customisation from Munitions Mastery entirely, changing the Freeze Ray and LRM to come from weapon models defined by the power and using the new redraw animation skip feature. Would finally allow the use of the Council/5th Column rocket launcher model!

spacer.pngspacer.png

Edited by Aberrant
Added Edit. Moved Staff to Slot 2. Edit 2, info on differences with Cor/Def and MM.

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

15 hours ago, Aberrant said:

In these powers' current implementation, you will never be able to comfortably have both of these working I'm afraid. As I understand it, in a costume there are 4 costume slots used by weapon customisation.

Well, then I guess this isn't an easy fix, but certainly something needs to be done about it.

Being able to customize your weapons and then having them disappear is a problem.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later
  • 1 year later

Just ran into this disappointment with a teammate.

Utterly, ruined their night.

It is what It is and I understand that.

Perhaps a power customization could take care of it? 

Use the executioner's shot animation and have the rocket come out of the pistol?

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

• 6 months later
On 1/13/2022 at 11:31 PM, UltraAlt said:

Just ran into this disappointment with a teammate.

Utterly, ruined their night.

It is what It is and I understand that.

Necro for anyone coming across this thread later on.

Issue 27 page 4 FIXES this issue.  However, you will need to go to the tailor and re-edit the weapons in question to get it to work under the new system.  Issue 27.4 is not currently released, but I have thoroughly tested this on the beta server and it works.

• Thumbs Up 2