Doctor Calvin Mission

FoxyPrime

Can we do something about the Tina Macintyre mission that involves searching for this Dr. Calvin guy? Massive city layout. Find 5 devices and a guy in a white coat who can resemble one of the random enemies. Needle in a haystack pain in the neck. Just perma mark him for us on the minimap or something because I do not like spending over an hour trying to find one guy tucked away in one of a thousand possible corners on a giant map.

I use target_custom_next for this (and many other find me mish)

/macro TGT target_custom_next Dr. Calvin

It makes a power icon button to click...move around and cllick until it finds the target.

This can be used to find captives, certain enemies you want to take out first, etc.

Right click on the icon and it will give an option to edit it.  Change the name to whatever you are looking for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Nefertari said:

I use target_custom_next for this (and many other find me mish)

/macro TGT target_custom_next Dr. Calvin

It makes a power icon button to click...move around and cllick until it finds the target.

This can be used to find captives, certain enemies you want to take out first, etc.

Right click on the icon and it will give an option to edit it.  Change the name to whatever you are looking for.

I preordered CoH in 2004. I was so excited when it came out. I remember I was on training for a job in a city 400 km away when it came in the mail and those 4 days were tough waiting to go home. I preordered CoV and was online on launch day. I was so excited for GR, and even managed to be hyped for Freedom even though it smelled like the end was coming. The game shutting down in 2012 gutted me because my main was still the character I rolled when I first booted the game in '04. I had two children by then, but my main was older than them both. It's been nearly 20 years.

I was today years old when I learned this macro is a thing, I've been playing the game wrong this whole time. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AsbestosBill said:

I was today years old when I learned this macro is a thing, I've been playing the game wrong this whole time. 

Did you also know there's this thing called "Popmenu"? Not only can you make a target macro - but you can make them "on the fly"! 

You should be able to copy this file down in the C:\Homecoming CoH\CoH\data\texts\English\menus folder and log off, close the game, re-log and then access the pop menu with this macro: 
/macro TAR popmenu Target

It's by no means complete - I'm still working on some of it. A friend helped me get it to this point. But, for now, it does function, and it does make a macro on the fly, and if it's not the target I need, I can edit it a lot faster than making it from scratch. 

Targeting_Macros.mnu

On 11/6/2020 at 7:17 AM, AsbestosBill said:

I preordered CoH in 2004. I was so excited when it came out. I remember I was on training for a job in a city 400 km away when it came in the mail and those 4 days were tough waiting to go home. I preordered CoV and was online on launch day. I was so excited for GR, and even managed to be hyped for Freedom even though it smelled like the end was coming. The game shutting down in 2012 gutted me because my main was still the character I rolled when I first booted the game in '04. I had two children by then, but my main was older than them both. It's been nearly 20 years.

I never used them on live, bust started using them on Homecoming.

I also use, the badge poplist macro and a release pets macro.

It also works on blinkies, although it will also target ones you've already clicked if they're not the disappearing type.

You don't need to type in the target's full name either, partial matches work.  So, for example, "target_custom_next lead" will target anything with "lead" in the name, if you're looking for Outcast bosses for the badge.

Edited by Eva Destruction