November 21st - Animal Themed Costume Contest!

GM Tock

• Game Master

🦙🐍 Animal Themed! 🐘🦑

First off, I'm GM Tahquitz.  By now, you've probably seen me around on the forums a bit.  And before the event details, I wanted to recognize GM Miss and her amazing work in keeping the community entertained in the last year.  Starting this month, she will be taking a much-deserved and well-earned break.  I'll be organizing the November Costume Contest in her place on Homecoming this month.

Come on out to Kallisti Wharf on Saturday November 21st for our next Costume Contest! This month's theme will be Animals! Bust out your favorite class and phyla, whether chordate or invertebrate. This month's contest is sure to be a hit!

Unique and creative costumes are always encouraged!

When?

• November 21st @9pm UTC
  • 9pm UTC is:
    • 10pm Central European time
    • 9pm UK time
    • 4pm Eastern time
    • 1pm Pacific time
    • 8am Sunday in Eastern Australia (DST)
    • Click here to see 9pm UTC in your timezone

Where?

• Statesman Plaza in the center of Kallisti Wharf on all five shards (Torchbearer, Excelsior, Reunion, Indomitable and Everlasting)
    • Heroes can reach Kallisti Wharf via the tram
    • Villains can reach Kallisti Wharf via the Smuggler’s Submarine in Sharkhead Isle and Grandville

Prizes?

• The 4 runner-up costumes on each shard will win:
    • A permanent golden title: Animal Costume Contest Runner-Up
    • The Fashion Victim Badge 
    • 150 reward merits
  • The best costume on each shard will win:
    • A permanent golden title: Animal Costume Contest Finalist 
    • 300 reward merits
  • The single best overall costume will win: 
    • A permanent golden title: Animal Costume Contest Winner
    • 1000 reward merits

Costume manipulation shall not be considered legitimate in costume contests. (Use of any tricks not permitted in the Costume Creator during normal gameplay, usually indicated by a lock icon over the costume slot.)  Any costume manipulation will be disqualified. It is an issue that will be patched in future updates and the practice is not allowed on HC.

Also please note that costume contest judging is subjective.  There are all sorts of corners and nooks of the Geekdom World Map, and the wisdom in trusting that not everyone has seen all the places you have yet is appreciated.  Our GM's who volunteer their time thank you for your patience and understanding in keep the event running as smooth as possible.

If you have any issues, please contact me here or on Discord!

Edited by GM Tahquitz
Minor adjustments to hour after seasonal time zone changes.
  • Like 3

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

• Game Master

@TabithaPandana No mythical/fictional animals this time around, but stay tuned with that idea for a future contest. 🙂

@Hopestar So, what you're saying really is... which Paragon Studios developer should I send the prize to for making Peacebringers/Warshades?  I have no idea, myself. 😄

• Haha 2

Homecoming: City of Heroes -- Want to play? Start here. - Enjoy helping others? Join us as a GM.

For clarity, @GM Tahquitz, when you say "no fictional animals," you mean to say "no animals based on existing intellectual properties," right?

Like, in this particular contest, we're allowed to have catgirls and giant wolf mutants, but not a basilisk or a minotaur?

. . . although, not being able to do a minotaur might complicate things for players who want to use the bovine heads . . . 

Or is this a contest intended to reward players for things specifically like:  

screenshot_201031-14-46-35.jpg.f155ed01edd86c235f92c7feb379048f.jpg

• Game Master
Just now, CrudeVileTerror said:

For clarity, @GM Tahquitz, when you say "no fictional animals," you mean to say "no animals based on existing intellectual properties," right?

Like, in this particular contest, we're allowed to have catgirls and giant wolf mutants, but not a basilisk or a minotaur?

. . . although, not being able to do a minotaur might complicate things for players who want to use the bovine heads . . . 

Or is this a contest intended to reward players for things specifically like:  

screenshot_201031-14-46-35.jpg.f155ed01edd86c235f92c7feb379048f.jpg

By function of the Costume Creator, human toons portraying modern animals are fine.  (Wolf mutants, Cat girls, all okay.)  Minotaurs, griffins, dragons, etc. we'll save for another time.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/6/2020 at 7:20 PM, GM Tahquitz said:

By function of the Costume Creator, human toons portraying modern animals are fine.  (Wolf mutants, Cat girls, all okay.)  Minotaurs, griffins, dragons, etc. we'll save for another time.

and then Voting for an Unicorn, i am not happy with that, just for your info.

• Game Master
2 hours ago, Braddack said:

and then Voting for an Unicorn, i am not happy with that, just for your info.

Yes, when answering questions on the forums I stated that mythical creatures were not going to be considered, however during judging I didn't get the word out effectively with the Homecoming Staff, so there are a few entries that were mythological anyway.

It was not the judges' fault, it was mine.  I apologize for that outcome.

• Thanks 1