Broad Sword Parry DEF buff broken

Sativasdank

I have tested this on multiple characters at this point. The buff icon disappears immediately after the ability is used.  Compared to the essentially same ability in Katana set, Divine Avalanche, the buff icon remains for the full 10secs and even stacks with multiple uses.  Seems to be the buff itself is broken not simply the application of the icon because there is clearly no change in deflections of melee attacks or lethal attacks as the power info indicates it should do.

Being more specific about the circumstances might help, like which server did you test that on (Live, Beta 64, etc), what ATs/combos/levels, and against what enemy (there used to be, or still are, scaling issues depending on enemy level) and which type of buff display did you use (numbers, stacking).

On Live server, testing against RWZ dummies (L35) with L50+ toons I don't have that issue you describe.

7Jiry3S.jpg

uYsKzG2.jpg

• 4 weeks later

One month late to this discussion, but I can confirm the behavior OP was seeing.

The issue appears to be Archetype-specific:

- Tankers display a buff, which does not stack with itself

- Brutes do NOT display a buff, and the Defense bonus DOES stack with itself

I don't have a Stalker or a Scrapper with Broadsword, but Stalker's behavior is likely consistent with the second screenshot above if the power has not been altered.

Personally, I feel that the power's behavior should be standardized to prevent confusion, but at the very least whether or not the power displays a buff icon should be standardized.

Edited by xColdxFusionx
Added a suggestion

40 minutes ago, Wavicle said:

Sounds like it may have been by design if it's just Tanks and on both Sword sets...

What about other similar powers in Staff and TW?

I was considering this as a possibility also after running the second toon up to 16.  I confirmed Guarded Spin does stack for Tanks, with the same +15 DEF value/stack too.  It's recharge is over double that of Divine Avalanche though at almost 7 seconds unenhanced.  I don't have a TW Tank (yet, lol).

On 12/1/2020 at 7:51 PM, xColdxFusionx said:

One month late to this discussion, but I can confirm the behavior OP was seeing.

The issue appears to be Archetype-specific:

- Tankers display a buff, which does not stack with itself

- Brutes do NOT display a buff, and the Defense bonus DOES stack with itself

I don't have a Stalker or a Scrapper with Broadsword, but Stalker's behavior is likely consistent with the second screenshot above if the power has not been altered.

Personally, I feel that the power's behavior should be standardized to prevent confusion, but at the very least whether or not the power displays a buff icon should be standardized.

+1 for Divine Avalanche also on a Brute.  The buff icon disappears immediately, but the buff itself works and stacks as expected.