The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Was the Rainbow Path Effect Changed?

Solarverse

What the title says. I went to change a few costume parts and noticed the Rainbow Path Aura is now different. It no longer leaves a trail? The one my character currently has leaves a rainbow trail behind me, when I went to change costume parts, I got a warning telling me I had invalid costume parts and if I change costume pieces, those parts would be removed. First thing I noticed was that I no longer had the rainbow Aura and it had been removed. So I click on the Path Auras, looked up the Rainbow Aura and realized the pathing aura had been changed in to a rainbow starburst centered glow rather than a trailing path aura.

Is this a bug? If not, when was this changed and why? Does the new Aura leave a trail behind the character when he/she moves? If so, it does not show this in the costume creator. I don't want to accept any changes until I know the answers to these questions. So I have backed out of the costume creator until these questions have answers. Anyone have any insight to this?

Edited by Solarverse

I tried an old character with rainbow path aura, and it is still intact with the trail.

I then tried another character without the rainbow path aura and added it, and the trail is there on the newly added aura.  I don't see it in the costume editor, but that's likely because you're not actually moving in the costume editior --just running in place.  The glow around the character is present, but that's all.  Once you move in the world, you will see the trail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Player2 said:

I tried an old character with rainbow path aura, and it is still intact with the trail.

I then tried another character without the rainbow path aura and added it, and the trail is there on the newly added aura.  I don't see it in the costume editor, but that's likely because you're not actually moving in the costume editior --just running in place.  The glow around the character is present, but that's all.  Once you move in the world, you will see the trail.

Thank you. I could have sworn at one time the path aura showed in the editor. That's why I was real hesitant on committing to the costume change. I didn't mean for anyone to be the test dummy, but I sure as hell appreciate it.  🙂

I noticed this on my tank Chromatic Cat.  I think the item name got changed, or maybe a pointer to it.  It told me it was invalid but I reselected it and it worked fine.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 11/13/2020 at 12:25 PM, Ironblade said:

I noticed this on my tank Chromatic Cat.  I think the item name got changed, or maybe a pointer to it.  It told me it was invalid but I reselected it and it worked fine.

That occurred when they split auras into standard auras and path auras.  I think anyone that had one aura before got the error about a costume item not matching up, but changing your costume would not restrict you from choosing the same aura again (with or without the path aura, or just the path aura if that's all you had before).