The problem of invasions.

captainstar

A significant part of the problem is that, while the next spawn appears a short distance away from the last, so that the new mobs aren't appearing in the middle of the defenders, it's always the same direction, so the fight drifts to the northeast. At some 'standard' places where people make their stand, like the street north of Blue Steel in KR, this results in the spawns moving away until they drop into the vacant lot, making the mobs run around until they can jump up to the street. If the direction of the next spawn were randomized, the fight would still wander some, but much less.

• Like 2

This has something to do with invasion enemies always spawning slightly to the right of the player, and when one spawns in, they tend to all spawn in that one place. My guess would be that the spawn point is attached to the player, hence why they always seem to get further away.

I'm not sure what the solution could be ... having the spawn point randomized around the player might make invasions a bit more chaotic.

Oh? You like City of Heroes?

Name every player character.

I'll be waiting in my PMs.

2 hours ago, AerialAssault said:

This has something to do with invasion enemies always spawning slightly to the right of the player, and when one spawns in, they tend to all spawn in that one place. My guess would be that the spawn point is attached to the player, hence why they always seem to get further away.

I'm not sure what the solution could be ... having the spawn point randomized around the player might make invasions a bit more chaotic.

What if they appeared a little above the heroes and villains? That way I think it would avoid this problem.

If the spawn direction were random, then law of averages suggests that it would likely stay mostly contained in a localized space.

At least, in theory.  

Also, you can target through your pets or your allies' pets.   It's a little irksome, but at least it's a temporary workaround until something can be done to fix that.

6 hours ago, AerialAssault said:

This has something to do with invasion enemies always spawning slightly to the right of the player

It's not "to the right" of the player; the spawns always shift northeast.

1 hour ago, Razor Cure said:

I also HATE how Pets can magically target spawning enemies waaaay before you can (even with spamming Tab). If you dont have pets, it can lead to you basically never getting to attack (unless it is a pbaoe) for the whole time.

It's not that you can't target them -- sometimes you can target them before they even spawn in -- but that they don't become valid targets for attacks until four to six seconds after they appear. And this is compounded by the fact that some spawns appear, become targetable (but not attackable), and then despawn, forcing you to change targets. The same "appear, become targetable, then despawn" behavior is also seen on Rikti mothership raids.

• Like 1