Rad/Em tank

dsrghrom

So I mostly play controller's.

I always build a character with a concept. So I wanna go for a RA/EM. But I can't find a tread where they combine these 2 power sets. I was wondering if there's a reason for. Is there low synergy  between  the powers. I read good things about RA Aand EM seems fine too. I know there are better secondary's, but like I said I usually go by a concept first. Any feedback would be helpful. 

They're a good pair.  It's just that people don't post every single possible combo. If you look through the forums you'll find plenty of Rad builds to load into Mids, then you can just change the secondary to EM.  Plus Energy Melee is about to get a buff so people are really digging into it.

Camel's Fire/Energy guild will tell you all about EM as it stands now and if you scroll down he has a Rad/EM build in there too.

Here's one a guild on Radiation Armor: 

Edited by ninja surprise

Oh my fault forgot about energy melee. I wanted to go for electric melee. I can put a build together in mids, but i was just wandering if there was any good synergy between rad and electric.

I have a Katana/rad scrapper but havent gotten him past 30. It just didint work for me, so i made a claws/wp scrapper and it fun but easy mode. just a rotain of 3 ST powers and my Aoe chain is allso 3 powers, the rest are toggles.

Go EnM instead!!! Moar damagez, instacast ET, EARLY total focus, moar damagez with the whirling pompoms, some bizarreness that can be abused with the powercrash... win win!

You just have to wait a bit. (tues morning?) 

Rad/EM will work well. EM is high single target but not as good AoE. RAD brings extra AoE that will help cover some of EM's weakness. 

Rad/Elec would have very good AoE though the single target will lack a little. Lightning rod+ground zero will clear quite a lot of trash.

Both will work though as Rad will go with pretty much anything.

Edited by Gobbledegook
  • Like 1

On 11/23/2020 at 11:27 AM, ninja surprise said:

They're a good pair.  It's just that people don't post every single possible combo. If you look through the forums you'll find plenty of Rad builds to load into Mids, then you can just change the secondary to EM.  Plus Energy Melee is about to get a buff so people are really digging into it.

Camel's Fire/Energy guild will tell you all about EM as it stands now and if you scroll down he has a Rad/EM build in there too.

Here's one a guild on Radiation Armor: 

Thanks for the shout out! I feel some updated Energy Melee builds in the works! (Although, I may use the current build on my FA/EM Tank, Power Crash seems eh to me and I like the double PbAoE of Burn + Whirling Hands)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dsrghrom said:

So i put a build together. Any constructive feedback would be verry appriciated.

Lex ion radelec tank.mxd 5.38 kB · 3 downloads

This is what I came up with. Really... You're only weakness here is single target damage, so I tried to beef that up a bit, or at least make it stomachable in between mass AoE destruction. Jacob's Ladder is (from what I've heard) much better on Tanks. It activates nearly as quick as Havoc Punch anyways, but on a Tank, because you hit more targets and more easily, it becomes just that much better.. so we picked it up here for added AoE and to use as a single target style attack too. The rest of your single target attack chain will be Charged Brawl, Chain Induction and Mu Lightning. Not great, but every AT but one has to sacrifice something for the massive amounts of AoE Electric Melee has. (Stalkers.. I'm looking at you)

AoE... Definitely no shortage here. Jacob's Ladder is your first available AoE and will do quite well with the increased target cap and AoE capabilities. A procced out Radiation Therapy is your second available AoE, you don't have to proc this power out with Rad/Elec... but why not? With no recharge enhancement, 5 procs and Thunder Strike supplying +recharge from Force Feedback procs this power will do work. The slotting I used makes it a mini nuke and also a potential PBAoE debuff! Thunder Strike is our next AoE and I see a lot of people using this power as a single target attack. Do NOT do this, and let me tell you why. Thunder Strike takes a whopping 3.3 seconds to activate... In that time you can attack an enemy with Charged Brawl, Chain Induction, Mu Lightning AND ALMOST another Charged Brawl in the same amount of time. Yikes. But on the flip side, once you are surrounded by mobs this power is pretty dang good and a very reliable spot to put a Force Feedback proc to boost your recharge. Ground Zero is normally a good place for procs, but I've always loved putting the Superior Avalanche in it for the 5% Melee Defense and the proc is very good in Ground Zero. You can hit upwards of 30 foes... so you'll see a lot of baddies flop often, very good damage mitigation. Finally you got Lightning Rod, pretty self explanatory here... You just nuke stuff. 😜

Hope you enjoy the build! I didn't put any incarnates on it, so you could easily bump up some of the values for resistance with something like Resilient or Cardiac Alpha. 45%+ defense to Melee, 33% to Smash/Lethal.. tons of resistances and absorb shields.. Should be pretty tough!

*edit- Since you have so much AoE with Elec Melee already, you could take 2 of the slots (minimum) from Radiation Therapy and put one slot in Chain Induction and Lightning Rod for the 6th piece set bonus of 6% Psi resist. This would put you at the resistance cap for psionics with only one ATO stack.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Tanker
Primary Power Set: Radiation Armor
Secondary Power Set: Electrical Melee
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Alpha Barrier -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(3), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(3), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(5), ImpArm-ResPsi(31)
Level 1: Charged Brawl -- SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprMghoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprMghoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprMghoft-Rchg/Res%(19)
Level 2: Proton Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(5), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(7), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(7), ImpArm-ResPsi(33)
Level 4: Jacobs Ladder -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(37), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(40), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), Obl-%Dam(43)
Level 6: Fallout Shelter -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(9), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(9), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(11), ImpArm-ResPsi(33)
Level 8: Radiation Therapy -- FuroftheG-ResDeb%(A), Obl-%Dam(45), ScrDrv-Dam%(46), Erd-%Dam(46), TchoftheN-%Dam(46)
Level 10: Gamma Boost -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 12: Beta Decay -- HO:Enzym(A)
Level 14: Taunt -- PrfZng-Taunt/Rchg/Rng(A)
Level 16: Thunder Strike -- SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg(A), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprGntFis-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprGntFis-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(23), SprGntFis-Rchg/+Absorb(31), FrcFdb-Rechg%(31)
Level 18: Particle Shielding -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(43), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(43)
Level 20: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RechRdx-I(21)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(23)
Level 24: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(25), Rct-ResDam%(25)
Level 26: Ground Zero -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(29), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(29)
Level 28: Chain Induction -- Hct-Dmg(A), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Hct-Acc/Rchg(34), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Hct-Dam%(34)
Level 30: Super Speed -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 32: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 35: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(36), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(36), UnbGrd-Max HP%(36), ImpArm-ResPsi(37)
Level 38: Lightning Rod -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(39), Arm-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(42), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(42)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(45), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(45)
Level 47: Mu Lightning -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Apc-Acc/Rchg(48), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Apc-Dam%(48)
Level 49: Meltdown -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(50), Ags-Psi/Status(50), ImpArm-ResPsi(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Gauntlet 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(11), Mrc-Rcvry+(13)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Rchg(13), PrfShf-End%(15)
------------

Edited by Camel