Clockwork street mobs in Kings Row conning hostile to each other

Cobalt Arachne

• Developer

Something odd I noticed while doing some landscape surveying in King's Row: Noticed Clockwork mobs fighting and defeating each other, which given their origin seemed like in-fighting shouldn't be possible. Noticed it standing on the Wentworth History Buff badge marker. I'll try and grab video of it if I see it again.

Clockwork in Kings Row hostile to eachother.PNG

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

Just witnessed this myself, briefly. All I saw was a Cannon Prince in a group of two sprockets and two prototype oscillators defeating another prototype oscillator. Coords: -1093.8 -41.7 892.5, right at the Wentworth's badge marker. On beta, so no other players around.

ClockworkInfighting.thumb.jpg.93f081e0274b0b7f0a1d57c692076061.jpg

Edit; Got a couple demos of this happening, instigated by me taunting some clockwork to a spawn at the above coordinates. Perhaps the issue is related to the defeated citizens around that spawn. Maybe the Clockwork there are technically aligned with the citizens or something similar.

clockfight.cohdemo clockfight2.cohdemo

Edit 2: Got an even clearer third one, no taunting, only observation.

clockfight3.cohdemo

Edited by Aberrant
Added Demo files.
  • Thanks 1

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

• Developer
22 minutes ago, Aberrant said:

Just witnessed this myself, briefly. All I saw was a Cannon Prince in a group of two sprockets and two prototype oscillators defeating another prototype oscillator.

Appreciate verification! Okay, glad to know I wasn't going crazy haha; Probably some kind of odd flag setting somewhere regarding Clockwork spawns.

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!