No Introductions from Provost Marchand nor Calvin Scott

Apparition

I'm currently taking a Defender through all of Praetoria, from Precinct Five through Night Ward.  I did every single mission in Nova Praetoria and Imperial City.  I had just finished Praetor Sinclair's story arc in Imperial City, and was ready to move onto Neutropolis.  I managed to gain a few extra levels thanks to the winter event, so was level nineteen.  However, according to the Homecoming Wiki all of the contacts in Neutropolis are levels fifteen through twenty, so I should have been fine.

However, Provost Marchand would not introduce me to neither Dr. Hetzfeld nor IVy, saying that there was nothing more for me.  Calvin Scott would only introduce me to Crow, not Aaron Walker.

I tried walking up to Aaron Walker, Dr. Hetzfeld, and IVy, and all three would talk to me and offer me missions at least.  It just seems to be a bug that neither Provost Marchand nor Calvin Scott would introduce me to three Neutropolis contacts.

I'm at 19 with XP off and was assigned the " Meet with Crow " mission by Calvin Scott. Went to the Resistance Hub and there was a red arrow pointing at the floor at the top of the ramp but no Crow. Tried exiting and re-entering, even logged and reselected the mission. No Luck, finally just completed mission, but then Calvin Scott had nothing more for me. Did I mess something up or what?

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

Ahem, cough...cough, um.... I defeated him a little, just a little.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

You have to be very careful when running ALL the arcs at once in Praetoria like this.  You can easily screw yourself up and, as some have found, kill off your contact and then you can complete the story progression. 

Unfortunately, as soon as you get to Neutropolis, Calvin Scott wants to give you his arc and if you do it, the story DOES kill off your contacts that are supposed to be done before him.  Scott is supposed to be LAST in the Crusader progression - so this is something that DOES need fixing and make it so he doesn't offer his arc until you complete Helix' arc.

For Warden and Responsibility contacts - you do not need an introduction and can just walk up to them.  So, when getting ready for Neutropolis, it's best to get your contact introductions to the Power and Crusader contacts BEFORE you do your alignment/moral missions in Imperial. Once you do the LAST alignment mission in Imperial prior to heading to Neutropolis, the opposite faction of what you choose will no longer talk to you/intro you, because you're the opposite faction.  ....So if the last alignment you chose was Resistance, then Marchand will not intro you to Loyalist contacts anymore (and vice versa with Scott).   .....so I have found, anyway.

But I have found, if you do NOT do any alignment switching at end of Imperial City arcs, and then get Marchand and Scott to intro you to Hetzfeld and Crow (at least, since you can just walk up to IVy and Aaron Walker), you should be good.  Then you can go back and complete the Imperial alignment missions. 

I think it's just a little funky because Neutropolis is the last zone before you have to make your moral choice of hero vs villain and go to Primal Earth.

1 hour ago, MrGoodfellow said:

You have to be very careful when running ALL the arcs at once in Praetoria like this.  You can easily screw yourself up and, as some have found, kill off your contact and then you can complete the story progression. 

Unfortunately, as soon as you get to Neutropolis, Calvin Scott wants to give you his arc and if you do it, the story DOES kill off your contacts that are supposed to be done before him.  Scott is supposed to be LAST in the Crusader progression - so this is something that DOES need fixing and make it so he doesn't offer his arc until you complete Helix' arc.

For Warden and Responsibility contacts - you do not need an introduction and can just walk up to them.  So, when getting ready for Neutropolis, it's best to get your contact introductions to the Power and Crusader contacts BEFORE you do your alignment/moral missions in Imperial. Once you do the LAST alignment mission in Imperial prior to heading to Neutropolis, the opposite faction of what you choose will no longer talk to you/intro you, because you're the opposite faction.  ....So if the last alignment you chose was Resistance, then Marchand will not intro you to Loyalist contacts anymore (and vice versa with Scott).   .....so I have found, anyway.

But I have found, if you do NOT do any alignment switching at end of Imperial City arcs, and then get Marchand and Scott to intro you to Hetzfeld and Crow (at least, since you can just walk up to IVy and Aaron Walker), you should be good.  Then you can go back and complete the Imperial alignment missions. 

I think it's just a little funky because Neutropolis is the last zone before you have to make your moral choice of hero vs villain and go to Primal Earth.

At level 10, my Loyalist Praetorian contacted Calvin Scott, who offered both Jessica Flores and Hatchet.  I did all of the Imperial City Resistance Warden story arcs beginning with Jessica Flores.  Then I chose the Resistance alignment.  I called Calvin Scott back, and he introduced me to Hatchet.  I did all of the Imperial City Resistance Crusader story arcs beginning with Hatchet.  Then I chose the Loyalist alignment.  My Loyalist Praetorian contacted Provost Marchand, who offered both Interrogator Kang and Mr. G.  I did all of the Imperial City Loyalist Responsibility story arcs beginning with Interrogator Kang.  Then I chose the Loyalist alignment, again.  I called Provost Marchand back, and he introduced me to Mr. G.  I did all of the Imperial City Loyalist Power story arcs beginning with Mr. G.  Then I chose the Loyalist alignment, yet again.  I had finished all of Imperial City.

At this point, my Loyalist Praetorian was level 15.  I went and did some winter holiday event stuff, and got to level 19, and disabled XP again.  I opened up my contacts window and called Provost Marchand... but he had nothing for me at all.  "At the moment, I have nothing for you. But perhaps more will develop in the future."  He should have offered both Dr. Hetzfeld and IVy, since my character was a level 19 Loyalist Praetorian.  So then I tried calling Calvin Scott... who only offered me Crow and his own story arc.  No Aaron Walker.

Something was definitely bugged there.  My character was level 19, Loyalist, and Praetorian.  He had recently finished Praetor Sinclair's story arc in Imperial City and chose the Loyalist alignment.  Yet Provost Marchand offered no contacts, when everything worked just fine in Imperial City.

Regardless, it really doesn't matter for me anymore.  I deleted the character, as I made the character with the intention of doing every single Praetorian mission in the game.  Since the Neutropolis introductory missions were unavailable, it became pointless.

• 2 weeks later

I think I'm seeing the same bug. Praetorian, played the Crusader storyline all the way through Nova and Imperial. Reached L15 during Vagabond's arc and shut off XP. So currently L15, completed Wardog's moral choice arc, call up Calvin Scott, and I get this:

image.png.5c2c552df2ca069a67061ac75fe8cbcd.png

image.png.67f1804a7473d66ab4bd4ee4734edc5e.png

So Calvin Scott introduces Crow normally, but in place of introducing Aaron Walker, he offers the first mission in his own arc. But I can still talk to Aaron and get his missions.

• Like 1