QoL suggestion for Sentinels: normalize AoE ranges

Keen

Sentinels have inherently shorter range than other ATs.

However, AoE ranges get reduced even further, while other ATs have normalized ranges for AoEs.

Here's a example comparison with powers like Ball Lightning and Fire Ball:

• Blasters have 80 range. (ST range for the AT is 80)
  • Corruptors have 80 range. (ST range for the AT is 80)
  • Defenders have 80 range. (ST range for the AT is 80)
  • Sentinels have 40 range. (ST range for the AT is 60)

Could we normalize the AoE ranges for Sentinels so they're mostly equal to their (reduced) ST ranges, like other ATs have?

AoEs having even shorter range often cause repositioning in battles. I think it would be a nice QoL change if Sentinels didn't have to worry about that.

Edited by Keen
  • Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

@Keen Stronghold (Virtue, Everlasting)
Hamidon Raids - Role Guide

On 12/16/2020 at 1:29 PM, Keen said:

Could we normalize the AoE ranges for Sentinels so they're mostly equal to their (reduced) ST ranges, like other ATs have?

AoEs having even shorter range often cause repositioning in battles. I think it would be a nice QoL change if Sentinels didn't have to worry about that.

Necro'd, Emphasized, and Seconded.

Never did understand the rationale behind de-syncing the ranges on T3 AoEs from their T1/2 blasts.

• Thumbs Up 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

Third'ed!

I too would like all ranged ST's & AoE's (regardless of AT) to have the same base 80ft ranges.

PS:  If we're that worried that makes them too much like blasters, I'll point out two thing...
First, the corruptors already often overtake/outshine that in a number of circumstances due to their support secondary powersets.
Second, raising the blaster damage cap closer to brutes would allow for them to distinguish that role's primary function
(When you think about it, it's kind of bizarre that the highest damage cap is on a tanker-role.  There's other ways Cryptic/ParagonStudios could have handled the brute's fury mechanic, but they went with a rather lazy-coding solution to allow brutes to overtake what should be Scrapper's melee-DPS forte, IMHO.)

• Like 2