Learn me on Bruting and Fury

graeberguinn

Have tried to get into melee ATs and haven't fully got there yet. I have read alot about different primaries and see alot of talk about Fury and what primary works best. Can anyone learn me about how best to play brutes. How to maximize fury and what primaries synergize best. Im still lost a bit on what roll a brute plays. As tanks are well...tanks holding aggro and can be built for dps. Scrappers do high dmg and crits. Stalkers have hide and good mechanics for great ST, crits and less aoe. I know these are generalizations of each AT, but brutes seem to elude my brain as to how to play to their strengths with the fury mechanic and being able to go more tank or dps and more ST or aoe. 

Can anyone break down this AT for me? 

People may have many strategies to play with Fury.  You can sweep all that out of the way and get right down to it Brute Force style.

Brutes generate fury when attacking and being attacked.  That last part...being attacked.

Brutes are nearly as tough as Tanks.  A Invulnerability Brute, and a few others like my Dark/Dark Brute are probably tougher than a Fire Armor Tank.

So....Brutes get Fury by being attached plus Brutes shrug off most attacks equal CANNONBALL into a large spawn.  

Then your Fury bar is pegged to as much as it is going to get.  

There is a lot of history behind Fury, the Fury nerf, the Fury nerf fix, and on and freaking on.

just jump into the largest group you can handle and let them give you the power to kill them.  90% time it works 100% of the time.

Just never stop charging on and hitting things, Fury takes care of itself.

Make sure you have a good END recovery and Reduction so you don't need to stop.  

But if you want to be cerebral and plan your fights and that kind of stuff, play a Scrapper or a Stalker.  

At full fury, brutes will outdamage scrappers.

• Scrapper base damage scale is 1.125. Assuming 95% +dmg from enhancements, scrappers will be at 2.19 before criticals. Criticals have a 5% to 15% chance to occur depending on the rank of the foe and the power being used. Assuming an average chance of 7.5%, scrappers should average 2.36.
  • Brute base damage scale is 0.75. Full fury provides about 175-200% +dmg, which is added to the 95% from enhancements, bringing brutes to 2.78-2.96. 

Some primaries offer more AoE, others are more ST focused, but all generate fury much the same. There are 22 to choose from. Play what you enjoy.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

2 hours ago, Uun said:

At full fury, brutes will outdamage scrappers.

• Scrapper base damage scale is 1.125. Assuming 95% +dmg from enhancements, scrappers will be at 2.19 before criticals. Criticals have a 5% to 15% chance to occur depending on the rank of the foe and the power being used. Assuming an average chance of 7.5%, scrappers should average 2.36.
  • Brute base damage scale is 0.75. Full fury provides about 175-200% +dmg, which is added to the 95% from enhancements, bringing brutes to 2.78-2.96. 

Some primaries offer more AoE, others are more ST focused, but all generate fury much the same. There are 22 to choose from. Play what you enjoy.

Which brings us to the great Fury nerf.  Brutes may peg 100% Fury for a second using the villain alignment power or in some other rare event.  Then they slide down to....not 100%.  I forget the exact number, 75-80% my old memory want to say is the number the Devs decided Fury should sit at and that is effectively 100%, because you will rarely (and I mean freaking rarely) ever see it blip above that.  The decay below that is not too heavy, but pushing it above that requires rockets and magic and a touch of unobtainium,

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

Which brings us to the great Fury nerf.  Brutes may peg 100% Fury for a second using the villain alignment power or in some other rare event.  Then they slide down to....not 100%.  I forget the exact number, 75-80% my old memory want to say is the number the Devs decided Fury should sit at and that is effectively 100%, because you will rarely (and I mean freaking rarely) ever see it blip above that.  The decay below that is not too heavy, but pushing it above that requires rockets and magic and a touch of unobtainium,

Not disputing that, but when I referred to "full fury" I didn't mean 100%, just whatever you get when the bar appears full. The 175-200% +dmg is what I see in combat attributes during typical play.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller