Lightstaff and EMP Mace

Player2

zlKxffq.png

Lightwand

Just a thought, because the Blackwand prestige power never really appealed to me for most characters, but how about an additional option that is essentially the Blackwand power recolored with a bright crystal that shoots a ray of light (deals Energy damage instead of Negative).  Have it be origin/non-origin specific so that it excludes the other option for choosing Blackwand or Nemesis Staff.  You could still only have three of the prestige attack powers, but it would present a thematic alternative to choosing a blast of darkness.

Tech_Mace_Final.jpg

EMP Mace

A tech-alternative to the Ghost Slaying Axe / Sands of Mu pairing... the EMP Mace would use the same kind of damage formula (single target damage +bonus damage to specific enemy type).  However, instead of dealing bonus damage to spirits and other (true) undead, the EMP Mace would deal its extra damage to mechanical beings.  However, like the limitation on the Ghost Slaying Axe not affecting Vahzilok, maybe let the traditional Clockwork be immune to the effect because of their special psionic nature preventing the EMP from wreaking havoc on their minds.  Like the Lightwand, selecting the EMP Mace would count against the number of prestige attacks you choose.

The list would be:

Blackwand  (origin bonus/no origin bonus)

Lightwand  (origin bonus/no origin bonus)

Nemesis Staff  (origin bonus/no origin bonus)

EMP Mace

Ghost Slaying Axe

Sands of Mu

You could still only select of them, but only one of them with the origin bonus with increased damage.

Edited by Player2
(Added images)
  • Like 3

Oh, like winning a week at a time isn't enough for you, huh, now you want *comments* on your posts. Geeez... 🙂 

Probably nobody's made a comment since they're fairly straightforward enough there's not really much to be said. I have nothing against them. *shrug*

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

1 hour ago, Greycat said:

Oh, like winning a week at a time isn't enough for you, huh, now you want *comments* on your posts. Geeez... 🙂 

Probably nobody's made a comment since they're fairly straightforward enough there's not really much to be said. I have nothing against them. *shrug*

😘

I don't want comments or winning weeks...  but I would like to see support for this idea in hopes of maybe one day seeing it realized.

More varied options for the Prestige Attacks would be a wonderful thing!

I tried to find any other threads on this idea, and I -thought- there would be a few, but my search-fu seems to be weak.

The idea of an EMP Mace is pretty on-point, and sounds solid.

A "lightwand" is a little more "eh" to me, as I'm not sure it would be distinct enough from the Nemesis Staff.

Maybe something which deals Toxic Damage?  Some kind of Prestige Mutant Attack Power?  There's not currently a lot of Mutant representation in the Prestige Powers.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2021 at 7:52 PM, CrudeVileTerror said:

More varied options for the Prestige Attacks would be a wonderful thing!

I tried to find any other threads on this idea, and I -thought- there would be a few, but my search-fu seems to be weak.

The idea of an EMP Mace is pretty on-point, and sounds solid.

A "lightwand" is a little more "eh" to me, as I'm not sure it would be distinct enough from the Nemesis Staff.

Maybe something which deals Toxic Damage?  Some kind of Prestige Mutant Attack Power?  There's not currently a lot of Mutant representation in the Prestige Powers.

Nemesis staff deals smashing damage and has a hell of a knockback.  Proposed "Lightwand" deals straight up energy damage on par with the Blackwand's negative damage.  I offered the suggestion as a thematic alternative to darkness based attack.  I'm certainly not against additional ideas, but I'm not sure what would be a good fit for a mutant based equipment power as the prestige powers are pretty much equipment based (magic axe, magic sand, magic wand, tech staff).  In addition to trying to expand the options, I was also trying to maintain whatever balance exists with the original powers by expanding the choices without giving more power variation...  as in, no healing or buff/debuff effects... just damage effects comparable to the existing choices.

• Like 1