Client crash on screenshot

Jawbreaker

There have been a couple of threads about this in the past and the fix that I remember from them was that the client couldn't write to the screenshot directory. Most of the time that was caused by antivirus software not allowing the game to save there. You may want add an exception for the screenshot directory.

16 hours ago, Hardship said:

There have been a couple of threads about this in the past and the fix that I remember from them was that the client couldn't write to the screenshot directory. Most of the time that was caused by antivirus software not allowing the game to save there. You may want add an exception for the screenshot directory.

Would that just happen out of the blue after a year of it not being an issue? My antivirus is AVG, it already has the HC launcher set as an allowed app. Is there something else that I have to set for the actual directory?

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes

Antivirus updates all of the time, so maybe?  Did you recently change to the new launcher? That may have changed the directory structure and thrown the AV software off.

If there is a way to exclude directories from scanning, you may want to try that. I think that the launcher eventually launches a different exe. I believe it is cityofheroes.exe or it could be homecoming.exe, I'm not where I can check at the moment. Maybe that one also needs allowed in AVG?

12 minutes ago, Hardship said:

It looks like you can right-click on the AGV and temporarily disable it. You wouldn't want to keep it that way, but it might be a useful test to see if it is or is not the problem.

Well crud, that worked. Turned it off, screenshot button worked fine. Then I turned it back on and the screenshot button crashed the client again.  *edit* figured it out, now it worls. Thank you and everyone else for helping

Edited by Jawbreaker
  • Like 1

Ask me about my City Of Heroes patch problem https://levelzeroems.com/search?q=City of Heroes