after 30

Knyghte

I'm going to be a bit flippant here and say: play the game - it's the best way to level :)

But seriously, there are two paths:

1: Full On Power Leveling: If you want to cheat yourself out of the content and storylines that you can unwrap as you progress and just want to get to 50 as quickly as possible, Power Leveling (PL) is the way to go.

Run DFB with Exp Booster until the sight of the map makes you puke OR Max up the Notoriety/Difficulty and run door missions (you can get either Police Radio or Newspaper missions) either solo or with a team + get an Exp Booster OR mix the two types.

2: Enjoy the game: Solve mission arcs (you even get an exp bonus for doing these), jump on mission teams or sign up for a Task Force (pay note to the Weekly Strike Targets for bonusses).

Past 30 you should also be able to up the Notoriety/Difficulty a bit for more Exp and Inf + you can always get a Exp Booster if you want some levels to go a bit faster (for instance when all your enhancers start to go yellow and red).

That's it really.

Hi! I'm the guy who wrote the best-known powerleveling, ahem, "XP Gain/Debt Loss" guide on the old forums. (You can find an Archive.org link in the thread elsewhere on this forum asking for help updating my old guides. Much of it was out of date even back when the old servers were still live--the section on sidekicking for fun and profit was rendered meaningless by the new sidekicking changes--but the general advice may be useful to you.)

Generally speaking, the best of advice is to get in teams of 8 people and run missions until you're blue in the face. Doesn't matter what they are: task forces, radio missions, even (gah) Death From Below. Biggest teams have the most mobs and biggest XP multipliers. Especially if you kick in the Double XP from P2W, you'll rocket up the levels before you know it.

If you pick the right AT, something survivable with less-often-resisted damage like a Fire/Fire Tanker, you can set your Notoriety to 8 person teams and mow down mobs for decent XP all by yourself. But don't discount the large-team XP multiplier. Plus, if you can get the team to do your arc missions, there's usually a big XP bonus at the end.

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!