So out of morbid curiosity I ported my spreadsheet to a few other ATs

Underfyre

Almost every AT does more DPS than a Sentinel. Even Tankers. The Tanker sheet is using purely wagged enhancement numbers and no actual optimized builds.

I changed the sheets to operate off of drop downs for secondary and primary instead a sheet for each attack set. I'll probably port the Sentinel sheet to work like this, it's just easier to change things this way.

Tanker Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13czdhsxYChsOfEHJMRk6dJIlJ_YogIB_q_G-0l8HD5w/edit?usp=sharing
Corruptor Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1buBhaMjezBrNDf_lWklDFeA1AxsnGiPZQwCC-dbTg0s/edit?usp=sharing

Dominator Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10GVDAM2e7SPbRSKNC2PrcKENY00GPg7lfJ-re8GgHR0/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by underfyre

Sentinels might give Warshades a run for their money with ST dps performance, particularly due to their pets doing the lions share of their ST performance but being incredibly fragile/unreliable. 
But Peacebringers can likely out dps most Sentinel builds while being sturdier defensively, having larger aoe caps and a nuke. Now I say Peacebringers can, but I doubt most would. Average Sentinel to average PB, ST damage is probably competitive with PB having the edge AoE wise.

Fwiw, my PB with a proc'd out ST chain's best Pylon time was about 2:43 IIRC.
I have tried to take Sentinel builds w/ proc'd out chains which include Dominate and Mind Probe but have only yielded sub 4 min times. 
I know @nihilii had some really good results with Elec Blast and Psy epic as it seems Elec Blast, ironically, has some of the best DPA ST attacks among Sentinel primaries.
All that being said, proc performance isn't exactly a good point of comparison for damage performance between AT's... 

Well proc performance scales against the base damage of an ability. If the ability starts out with trashy damage, enhancing that damage will also yield trash. But adding a proc with a static amount of damage to an ability with a low base damage is always going to to yield the same percentage of a damage boost. So in the case of Sentinels and Defenders, procs are where they have to look for better results. Which is why I had to go so hard on making a spreadsheet and account for every little knob that can be adjusted.

In a target rich environment a Triform WS is probably going to out DPS a Sent just thanks to saturated Mires and AOEness. So running day-to-day on teams the WS should do better (while sitting at 85% resist to everything). It's a much fiddlier play style though and easily disrupted (if you aren't given enough time to feed off nearby enemies it becomes hard to maintain a decent level of self-buffage).

ST probably not against a Pylon or AV because of the lack of fuel.