Demon/time or Demon/dark

Calzano

So I am rolling my first mastermind ever and I’m liking the looks of demons. I also love time a lot on my corrupters and was thinking it would be a good set to try on a mastermind . I also hear dark miasma works really well on masterminds so I’m just wondering what you guys would think the better combo would be?

You can't go wrong with either. My demon/dark is probably my favorite toon to play, she is capable of doing some really insane things and is nearly T4'd across the board with just Judgement left to complete. I am currently leveling a demon/time up and they're sitting at 30 and it's a really good combination......seems better than my dark MM at this early stage with all slows that work well with the demon's slows.

• Like 2

Demons/time was one of the first toons i made when we got back. Demons/dark was made much later but gets played way more. Time debuffs are awful, you may feel like a tank thanks to farsight but when your fighting mobs/av's/gm's dark is so superior its in a different class.

Dark is at the same time more fragile and it tops out higher in its performance than demons/time. 

With fluffy (the dark extra pet out) between your debuffs and his you can pretty much neuter an entire spawn with -tohit and -damage. The -regen for AVs is really nice, the -resistance from it's slow patch is stackable with a high recharge build, you can keep 2 of them out permanently.  Black Hole is skippable, but a decent emergency button. I have it so that if the entire team goes down and my pets start going down too I have an oh shit button that just removes a group of mobs from being a problem for 30 seconds. The rest of dark, well like fearsome stare does fear, but it also hits with more -tohit. Everything you do debuffs enemy accuracy its honestly pretty hilarious how much you can neuter a spawn. 

Just be aware demons dark is also like, you have debuffs instead of buffs, so if your debuffs aren't up, you get mezzed and toggles drop, you can very easily watch yourself get eaten alive before you can re-establish control. My demons dark took char and procced it out for an extra hold/attack, to get to rise of the nix. Bonfire is almost too good to pass up on MMs, but I took heat mastery up to the self rez because demons/dark more than most MMs is a set that is subject to accidental cascade failure when your debuffs drop and you get that 5% miss chance on your heal at a bad moment and suddenly your pets are dead around you and then so are you. 

I would definitely say demons/dark is fun. I would definitely say that I've gotten good mileage out of taking a self rez power. 

Edited by TheSpiritFox
  • Like 2