Incarnate advice

Lusiphur Malache

I have a lvl 50 beam/rad sentinel. I'm in the process of unlocking Hybrid, but I haven't created any powers for the other slots as I really want to get all t4 powers on this toon without all the mistakes I've made on others.

Mostly dps, occasionally tank. Didn't take single shot or meltdown.  Mishmash of enhancements, don't think I'll be doing many sets beyond the 5 I got now.  All advice will be considered, not necessarily taken.

Edited by Darkesyde
Clarification

I mean, I'm dubious on that "mostly" dps part if you're not taking your T1, but do you. It's only like a 15% dps loss. Meltdown ends up being just another click with a fairly long activation time that I'm not exactly a fan of. But that's if you're just using it as a damage boost. If you use it as an oh shit button when you're tanking it might be useful.

Anyway, if you're not intent on chasing down every single incarnate, at least get T3 Musculature Core and a T3 Interface Radial for your damage. T3 isn't a massive investment, for those 2 abilities is like 3-4 levels. Radiation isn't very needy when it comes to endurance so I wouldn't do something silly like getting Cardiac Alpha. Getting nerve is an option when you have low levels of accuracy. Hitting is more important than hitting hard.

If you're not concerned about 'wasting' shards, getting a T1 Cardiac Alpha is at least a neutral choice to avoid the debuffs you get in content like the Apex/Tin Mage TFs for having an empty Alpha slot while you decide how you want to slot out the incarnate abilities (it would be nice to have some way of recycling incarnate boosts back into components, though), although I agree that if you're not having End issues, Musculature is often the better choice for a DPS-oriented character.

• 2 weeks later
On 1/19/2021 at 5:54 PM, underfyre said:

It takes roughly 10 minutes to do the "Burden of the Past" arc in Ouro. Every time is a chance to get those VR salvage drops, and every time gives you 1 Emp merit. It shouldn't take a ton of time even with awful luck.

Depending on your build, you may not want to speedrun it. I was running my Brute through it to get him to T4 across the board, and running it at +4/x5 (level shift 3) was getting him about a vet level per run, taking a little less than an hour; between the arc's rewards and the vet level rewards, it sped up the process. For my non-brute/tank characters, I'll probably speedrun them, bumping difficulty as their level shift rises, with my Scrappers and Sentinels likely getting a bump just because. But regardless of where you put the difficulty, underfyre's right that this is the best for working on your incarnate solo. For grouping, if you've got a regularly scheduled Hami raid on your server, you can get four emp merits for the first run each day on a character, then 80 reward merits for the next, and 40 for any additional runs. If there's more than one, you can switch characters to keep getting emp merits and mail them between your alts, or take the reward merits and work them for inf if you're still working on slotting out your character.

Edited by srmalloy
  • Like 1