Natural StJ Secondary

drgantz

SR is probably more powerful at 50 against a lot of things, due to the easy cap, slow resist and DDR

But the level progression on scrappers is bad.  Plus no End power. 

Willpower is so much more user friendly.  It works awesome on Scrappers and the Level progression works perfectly with STJ.   My first 50 coming back was a STJ/WP/Soul and is a lot of fun.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, drgantz said:

My main thoughts are SR and WP.  I'm guessing that WP would be better since I could also use both Toughness and Weave.  With SR, Weave would probably be overkill.

With SR, if you didn't need Weave, that's just a another power pick.  🙂  You could still grab Tough.

My thought is WP comes with Regen.  Nice to have healing.

• Like 1

I have a War Mace / SR scrapper and an SR / War Mace tanker. For solo play, I think this combination is better on a tanker. The scaling resists in SR are more helpful if your maximum HP is high. The tanker is my toughest tank and does solid damage. The scrapper is good on teams, but if I try to crank up the difficulty solo, I faceplant a lot.

Of course, your mileage may vary. I don't have super reflexes, myself, and I like playing challenging content solo, so I prefer tankier characters.

I took Weave on both characters, both to help with incarnate content (and its higher defense cap) and as a secondary form of protection against defense debuffs.

No opinion on the relative merits of SR and WP for scrappers. (I have a level 50 WP scrapper, but I rolled it before I started using Mids for builds, and I haven't revisited it.)

• Like 1

I have a Street Justice Scrapper with /WP and the later made a Stalker with StJ/SR. Ignoring the offensive differences:

• They have different defensive profiles, but at level 50, they don't play radically different for me. YMMV, as I haven't played either of them through a ton of what I'd call 'tougher' content like x8 Shadow Shard, full league Incarnates, fully boosted ITF, etc. SR is all about positional defenses, whereas WP will have better type defenses. My WP has better resistances across the board.
  • SR gets its AoE Defense very late. I remember the /SR as achieveing quantum leaps in Defense values (while leveling) that I don't remember with the /WP Scrapper. Part of this is due to WP being able to slot Global +Def/+Res pieces immediately as level allows, but /SR has to specifically dip into the Fighting pool IIRC (Weave is unnecessary, as mentioned).
  • SR can drop a Kismet +ToHit in an auto power, but WP only has toggles for it.
  • WP can leverage it's Auto powers (Fast Healing, Quick Recovery) for certain %procs that SR has to dedicate slots in Health and Stamina to accommodate.
  • Both secondaries can get perma-Hasten, if that is important to you. SR does it easier (because of the Defensive powers, natch)
  • Like 1