Blaster Holds and immobilizers?

Galamane

So what blaster secondary holds and immobilizers are worth using for the there intended purpose? Which ones are better for just slotting for damage? From what i'm reading a lot of people don't use them at all.

I'm not sure slotting them for damage will help weaker power set in the blaster primary. 

Holds: all for damage, especially with damage procs.

Immobs: Um, generally not that useful, with a few exceptions...

...Plant is worth taking and using, and then you may as well slot it up for damage, because its Immob is Mag 4. If you hunt AVs, then a Mag 4 Immob is useful, and if you don't, then a one-shot Immob against many melee-oriented Bosses makes them a joke. A Tank Smasher isn't going to kill you with his ranged Grenade.

...Fire may be worth taking, its DPA is actually quite good compared to many Tier 1 blasts, and you get an Immob as a bonus. Generally it's competitive DPA-wise against Tier 2 attacks, so if you want to do damage while also Immobilizing, it's useful. Note that a downside is that the damage is DoT.

...Dark is useful because it has a -ToHit, so especially with double-Dark you can stack up enough -ToHit to keep a Boss at range and neuter their chance to hit.

I'm not sure any of the others is really useful. Maybe Ice for double-Ice to stack up -Recharge against a Boss... I like -ToHit more, but a Boss does take a while to kill so -Recharge can be useful. I don't recall if the -Recharge out of Electrified Net Arrow is enough to matter, if it is, then it may also be useful and it has a fast animation.

1 hour ago, Galamane said:

Cool thx for the info. I was thinking about how some people don't want to take all the melee powers in there secondary. The might have one melee but maybe the holds/immobilize could compensate for that. 

Temporal is one. Time Wall (Immob) has a small chunk of -Regen (25%) in it and also increases the Mag of Time Stop (Hold), which also has a chunk of -Regen (50%). 

My Water/Time doesn't have the melee attacks and uses the Hold instead occasionally.