A way to get badges out of season

MsSmart

This is only a request for a consideration to an alto-holic also being a badge-o-holic...

I noticed that you can get the winter badges year around, or just about them all, by going to Pocked D santa clauss area.

It would be nice if there were the means to get the other holiday badges year around, perhaps have new zones to that effect available thru Null The Gull seems like an easy way to implement and not disrupt the normal play of the game by normal people.

I also would like to have a zone, that is always being invaded by the Rikti, perhaps RWZ would make sense to have this?

Hugs

Sue

• Like 3

I didn't know Null could get us to a ToT map, where's that?  I mean, not to sound lazy, but I'm not at home or I'd go check myself...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

null can take you to 3 special event maps but.... there is no one on the maps when the event is no on, no enemies, no NPCs at all the place is all dolled up but it is a ghost town to theoretically if you log off then back on you might get 1 badge for the area but the only other badges you might get are exploration badges fro what i have seen; then again I only went to the them and when I sw it was a decorated ghost town I said the heck with it and teleported out via superbase back to nowmal town

Oh, I saw that once, but didn't stick around, didn't know you got a badge for doing that.  I was thinking you meant one could ToT there year round.

Now I has a sad....

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

10 hours ago, FrauleinMental said:

Completing the Lady Grey TF triggers a Rikti invasion.

The problem with this, is trying to have a 15 member league to spawn the upper mobs needed for the badge; sure you can get the 8 to do LGTF, and hope they stay with you, and then figure were the random invasion is at, and then try to find 7 more is frankly not practical, the logistics are way too tough to pull, without being a member of a very large SG, and even then that is questionable.

Edited by MsSmart

On 1/24/2021 at 3:35 PM, Apparition said:

You can get most of the Halloween badges by participating in zombie invasions, and by Null the Gull taking you to a special map to trick-or-treat on all year round.  You can also deliver valentine's all year round.

The valentine tip link you provided was super awesome, thank you thank you so much. What I am after in he Halloween is the tip mission badges...

On 1/25/2021 at 5:40 PM, MsSmart said:

The problem with this, is trying to have a 15 member league to spawn the upper mobs needed for the badge; sure you can get the 8 to do LGTF, and hope they stay with you, and then figure were the random invasion is at, and then try to find 7 more is frankly not practical, the logistics are way too tough to pull, without being a member of a very large SG, and even then that is questionable.

LGTF is on the Weekly Strike Target list, and I bet you'll have a lot better luck finding Rikti invasion leagues when it's up.

If you're on a team doing LGTF, announce in the LFG channel when you're starting the last mission so people can start forming a league.  If you hear of a team launching a LGTF, start forming a league 30-ish minutes later to be ready.  You're probably not the only one with characters who want the accolade badge.