MiDs dowload, just the link

Snarky

So, I tried to follow the instructions (after the half page of history and various other strangeness)  But my comp say the file will destroy my computer and ruin my life.  I told my comp it is safe.  The comp is stubborn.  So I am using old MiDs and winging it on Energy Melee I guess.

The forums here are maintained as a courtesy, I myself do not frequent them often. You can find up to date information on our discord.

Edited by crytilis

I am merely the guy with a keyboard and monitor under the stairs.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

20 hours ago, Snarky said:

So, I tried to follow the instructions (after the half page of history and various other strangeness)  But my comp say the file will destroy my computer and ruin my life.  I told my comp it is safe.  The comp is stubborn.  So I am using old MiDs and winging it on Energy Melee I guess.

Unfortunately we've been having to deal with this on most updates due to the application not being signed. We implemented features in the newer version that are typical in high-profile applications (internet connectivity, ability to self-update, modify the system registry, etc), but because we don't have a valid recognized signature submitted to anti-viral/-malware companies, we get flagged as a threat until they "pass" us. That's why on our Discord I supply links to VirusTotal scans that show we aren't doing anything shady, and the project's been open source since Metalios got his hands on it (and before, for that matter).

That aside, "why don't you get a signature then?" Money. It's expensive. If it wasn't for the current pandemic we might be in a better position, but at the moment, just like HC, we need to rely on crowdfunding to make any of that happen. There hasn't been very much of it. So we're trucking along doing everything we can to get Mids verified, but really all it comes down to is time and patience.

Out of curiosity, what part of Mids was your system having trouble with? Was it the installer? The app itself? We have steps we can provide for you to whitelist the application folder and other such things with the various popular defense software, if that'll help. We just need to know where the problem location is.

Edited by Felis Noctu
mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

MRB setup.exe was blocked because it could harm your device.  after i followed instructions and tried to download the exe.msi (which appears the one i need because I have mids already?)  but the next link also failed same text.   My only option was feedback, which I said it was safe.  No option to install anyways

1 minute ago, Snarky said:

MRB setup.exe was blocked because it could harm your device.  after i followed instructions and tried to download the exe.msi (which appears the one i need because I have mids already?)  but the next link also failed same text.   My only option was feedback, which I said it was safe.  No option to install anyways

That would be windows smartscreen flagging it because the setup is not digitally signed with an EV certificate which costs several hundreds of dollars unfortunately. You can however click more info and there is a run anyways option. If you do not feel comfortable doing this that is perfectly reasonable. If you installed MRB version 3.0.2.19 or greater prior to 1/31/2021 then I would recommend backing up any icons/files on your desktop that you may have then do a complete uninstall. Once you have done that you can download and install the msi installer which hopefully should not flag smartscreen as its a Windows installer file. 

I am merely the guy with a keyboard and monitor under the stairs.

I argued with it until it saved the file, then hit run, run anyways.  Says i do not have permission.  And i am the only user / admin on the damn thing.  Sometimes I really wish I could shove the comp up a programmers ass and get my cash back.  

Okay I swear the government is monitoring me.  And evidently some programmer is concerned I'm going to shove a tower up their backside until a thousand dollars pops out of their face like a ATM.  Because I just did the exact same steps a second time.  And it installed. ...

I might be wrong but one of the possible issues I think some folks might have is that when they look at the Official Mids' page for instruction here in this forum it's a little hard to spot the actual download link (just below the .Net info and links which stands out a little better).  Not saying there's a thing wrong with the page (it's awesome!) but some folks might not easily spot it if they try to skim through quickly.  Ok - I'll admit, I'm saying it because I had a hard time spotting it for some reason, lol.  Anyhow that can lead to them then instead finding links to Github and trying to understand what they find there and need to do, especially if they search and find threads where we were going that route for semi-manual updates a few weeks ago and they try to follow any of those fun manual methods. 

Also, the Windows signing thing might stop some folks dead because they either think that means something is wrong and they are afraid to bypass the warning out of fear there might be a virus or maybe they think they did it wrong.  But the main thing I jumped in here to say is that I get multiple Windows warnings trying to stop me (in sequence) and they are less than obvious that they are giving you a choice to continue with the install. 

First during download Microsoft Edge pops a warning in the lower left:  "MRB_Setup.exe was blocked..."  do NOT hit 'delete', instead right next to it select the three dots ( ... ) with your mouse and choose "keep"'.

Next, is a pop-up window middle screen from Windows Defender:  "This app might harm your device..."  do NOT hit 'Delete', instead mouse click "show more" and select "Keep anyway"

Now click on the downloaded MRB_Setup.exe file in your download folder to run it.  Guess what pops up?  You guessed it, yet another Windows protection warning this time middle screen:  "Windows protected your PC..."  do NOT hit 'Don't run', instead politely thank Windows for being such a wonderful thoughtful (if not stubborn) OS and then mouse click "More info" which then brings up a sneaky hidden "Run anyway" button.  Choose that one.  lol

Next... yep...  next, user account control pops up another mid screen window (I'm starting to realize how appropriately named Windows is):  "Do you want to allow this app...".  Yes, in the name of all that is good and holy, YES!  Please Windows...  Please just let me install this...  I promise everything will be okay!

Then (at least for me) you finally get the installer.  NOTE:  It may pop up behind other windows instead of on top so look for it.

Aaand if everything goes well the installer will run and complete with no issues.  And there will be much peace and joy in your household and celebrations all over Atlas Park!

Hope some of this nonsense helps somebody, lol. 

***Forgot to mention I'm on Windows 10***

Edited by KauaiJim
needed to mention Win 10
  • Haha 1

Want to see my current list of characters?  Want to know more about me than you ever wanted to know?

Wish Granted!   Check out the 'About Me' in my profile:   KauaiJim - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)