Dark/Storm Corr or Storm/Dark Defender?

TygerDarkstorm

Hey community, wanted to get some ideas from you guys about what you think of the question posed in the title of this thread. I currently have a level 40 Dark/Storm Corruptor that I am currently wondering if I should have rolled as a defender.

I  got into this conundrum by realizing she was due for a respec, but not really  having an idea of how to go about doing so. Couldn't really find any builds for dark/storm or storm/dark, so this is another area I could use advice in because I just have no idea what I'm doing in that regard.

Now, reason for the powersets is that I did it to have a character that represents my username, and the debuffing that it potentially brings to the table is attractive as well. I am not really someone that solos; I prefer teaming, so I'm not super worried about min/max solo potential (I'm also not a min/maxer).

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Storm tends to work better for defenders because of a defender's inherent; it'll grant you a scaling endurance discount depending on your team's overall health, and stormies tend to have endurance problems. Since you mostly team, you'd be getting the most use out of that. Of course, defenders can't usually pick up gloom, which is considered by some one of the best single target ranged attacks in game. It's a solid combo either way, and I don't think it's a big enough difference to be worth rerolling given how high level you already are. Even on a corruptor, since you're in the level 40 range, you can always pick up power sink from electricity mastery or mu mastery to fix any endurance problems you're experiencing. 

I can make you a build if you need. The important part, mostly, is making sure to pick up tenebrous tentacles. It'll keep enemies from fleeing from lightning storm and tornado. 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Katharos said:
29 minutes ago, Captain Powerhouse said:
On 3/16/2021 at 4:10 PM, Katharos said:

why isn't sentinel bioarmour's athletic regulation getting a look?

Oversight, it will be addressed in the next build.

Oh no. Oh god. What have I done? 

Just now, Sailboat said:

My Storm/Dark Defender relies on six-slotted Gloom.  Is there something I don't know?

I kinda wondered why they said a defender can't take Gloom as well, lol

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Sorry, I could have stood to be more precise in my language there. It’s often hard to make taking both a T1 and a T2 and then slotting to ED walls work with blast sets, while still fitting in the power pool and epic pool picks that are generally considered a good idea. Most often you don’t need both to assemble a full attack rotation. Given how many skip powers are in storm, probably less of an issue here. 😅

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Katharos said:
29 minutes ago, Captain Powerhouse said:
On 3/16/2021 at 4:10 PM, Katharos said:

why isn't sentinel bioarmour's athletic regulation getting a look?

Oversight, it will be addressed in the next build.

Oh no. Oh god. What have I done? 

Here's another chiming in for Defender!

Corruptor would work just great, but I think the LS and nado damage scales push it over the edge for Defender. Also easier to softcap ranged defense, though hurricane more than makes up for that if you enjoy using it. Being forced to take Gale isn't awesome either. I actually like Gale, but Torrent is generally better.

If you're interested, here's my build for this classic combo:

Spoiler

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Storm Dark: Level 50 Technology Defender
Primary Power Set: Storm Summoning
Secondary Power Set: Dark Blast
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: O2 Boost -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 1: Dark Blast -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(5), CldSns-%Dam(34)
Level 2: Gloom -- SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(A), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(23), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(23), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 4: Moonbeam -- SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(A), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(7), SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(7), StnoftheM-Dam%(9), GldJvl-Dam%(9), CldSns-%Dam(13)
Level 6: Steamy Mist -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(13), Rct-Def/EndRdx(15), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(19), RctArm-ResDam(19), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(42)
Level 8: Freezing Rain -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(45)
Level 10: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(11), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(11), Rct-ResDam%(42), Ksm-ToHit+(46)
Level 12: Hurricane -- HO:Enzym(A)
Level 14: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(15)
Level 16: Tenebrous Tentacles -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(17), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(17), Artl-Dam/Rech(31), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(31), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(46)
Level 18: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 20: Night Fall -- HO:Nucle(A), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(21), PstBls-Dam%(21), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(40)
Level 22: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(45)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(25), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(25), ShlWal-Def(36)
Level 26: Tornado -- SlbAll-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SlbAll-Dmg/Rchg(27), SlbAll-Build%(27), FrcFdb-Rechg%(37), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(37), AchHee-ResDeb%(37)
Level 28: Torrent -- SuddAcc--KB/+KD(A), FrcFdb-Rechg%(29), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(29)
Level 30: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(31)
Level 32: Lightning Storm -- Thn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(33), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(34), Apc-Dam%(33), GldJvl-Dam%(34)
Level 35: Charged Armor -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam(36), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(36)
Level 38: Blackstar -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Erd-%Dam(40)
Level 41: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(45), Rct-Def/EndRdx(46)
Level 47: Dark Pit -- AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(A), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(48), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(48), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(48), AbsAmz-ToHitDeb%(50)
Level 49: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(50), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Quick Form 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Vigilance 
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 10: Shadow Recall -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(3)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(3)
Level 50: Musculature Radial Paragon 
------------