Any interest in a Dragon Con meetup

Grimthorn

Just wondering how many folks around here will be coming to Dragon Con at the end of the summer.  Is there interest in a City of Heroes Reunion/Meetup?  I can probably convince the guy who runs video gaming at Dragon Con to give us some space for the event.

Thanks!

-Grim

Here ya go

Dragoncon gets about 70,000 people attending. It's kinda big. It's usually held Labor Day weekend in Atlanta, GA. If you can not or do not wish to attend, it is worth looking on Youtube and elsewhere for videos of the parade. Lots of really great costumes. 🙂

Edited by mousestalker
  • Like 1

• 2 months later

Anything been decided on this?  I just finished making my travel arrangements, looking forward to the con.

I realize it's a bit of a necro, but this is happening in a couple weeks...

Edited by Justaris
Explanation

There can be no defense like elaborate courtesy - E.V. Lucas

My AE arcs:

Ex Machina, the story of the Tin Mage Corps.  Arc ID #11781

On 5/28/2019 at 9:15 PM, Grimthorn said:

Just wondering how many folks around here will be coming to Dragon Con at the end of the summer.  Is there interest in a City of Heroes Reunion/Meetup?  I can probably convince the guy who runs video gaming at Dragon Con to give us some space for the event.

Thanks!

-Grim

Okay, I've learned this lesson.

Simply ASKING on the forum is a great way to never know who's coming.

I recommend creating an RSVP form on Google Docs.
https://docs.google.com/forms/u/0/

Then pointing people at the form

This way, in the end, you wind up with a mailing list of attendees and know roughly how large of a reservation to make at wherever you're gonna hold the meetup.

Then put it here in the forum as well as on Social Media in the various CoH groups.
As well as the COHTITAN forums.

More coverage and better control that way.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

Also, if anyone is hoping a M&G goes to a con near them, my best suggestion is to offer to run it YOURSELF.
Honestly, making a restaurant reservation isn't terribly expensive (if it costs anything at all).
All you need to do is make sure you hit all the usual suspects.  All the major forums, FB, Twitter, and whatever other social media you happen to use.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!