Fires in Mercy - damage taken

Ukase

So...I've noticed that the building with the fires in Mercy are...unusual for me. Unusual in the sense that I'll see a character taking damage on the building, but I see no fire. I'll zone out, return - see the fires, but as I approach, they go away - all the while the other player that was taking damage before is still taking damage. I set down next to them, no damage. 

I've been able to "rest" in these fires before, and have never had any real problem. On occasion, I'd alt out, and alt back in and the fire would be out. I'd go park at a day job or something, come back to it later, no problem. 

I thought maybe I should log off and re-verify the manifest, did that, no change. 

Anyone else have these kinds of issues? I'd rather not put the pocket emp to work. Suggestions? 
If it's helpful, the character is a Shield tank. 

I think this is related to the way Mercy is laid out in game.  There are areas that are "hidden" until the player does certain arcs/missions.  Once the "unlock" is complete the area shifts to a different view.  I believe you are experiencing this as sometimes the areas are visible from a distance, yet change once you approach.  It has been like this since CoV launch.

@Ura Hero is correct. You can see the same thing in Atlas Park from Aaron Thiery's arc by the warehouses until you complete it.

The trick I found to work is to move at least a mile away from the building and come back. It usually despawns/restarts the fires after that and I can get back to it. I have also seen it where there are fires there for my two emps, but when I switch to my damage taken badger, it isn't there. Lastly, if the moving away trick doesn't work, try logging out and back in.

Edited by Glacier Peak

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Aha! I've yet to complete those! 

Update: No sooner did I finish Seer Marino's arc and get Agent of Chaos badge, I saw the fires where I usually see them. So thanks all for your insights. 

I will be testing with another character whether it's Seer Marino's arc, or the Agent of Chaos, or one of the other arcs that unlock them some time in the future. 

Edited by Ukase
  • Thanks 1