/Time de-toggling

Mack008

I'm running a Thugs/Time MM in the upper 30's now, and Time's Juncture keeps getting de-toggled by a whole slew of bad guys.  It seems like every other group hits me with something that turns it off.  And the odd part is that it's the only thing that de-toggles (Leadership powers and Sprint stay on).  In particular I've noticed it with Devouring Earth.  It's almost like I'm getting hit with a stun/choke/hold that only lasts a quarter second.

Anyone else have experience with this?  Any tips to avoid it?

20 minutes ago, Mack008 said:

I'm running a Thugs/Time MM in the upper 30's now, and Time's Juncture keeps getting de-toggled by a whole slew of bad guys.  It seems like every other group hits me with something that turns it off.  And the odd part is that it's the only thing that de-toggles (Leadership powers and Sprint stay on).  In particular I've noticed it with Devouring Earth.  It's almost like I'm getting hit with a stun/choke/hold that only lasts a quarter second.

Being mezzed turns off all offensive toggles, which is what Time's Juncture is considered. I'm not sure if there's a real good way to avoid being mezzed, but you can always keep break frees handy and pick up Rune of Protection (which can be activated preemptively) and/or build up your defense so more of those mezzes miss.

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

33 minutes ago, Mack008 said:

Devouring Earth are the most egregious micro-stunners I've found. It's mostly the Fungoid enemies, although I think the various ranks of Devoured and also Deathcaps do it sometimes too. So focus down the Fungoids first, and you will probably be able to keep your offensive toggles active for the rest of the fight.

Personally, I just avoid the faction when possible, and when not possible I lower difficulty so I can just blast past them. I have yet to find a character that is fun to play when facing Devouring Earth, so I don't care about anything except finishing the mission(s) so I can actually play the game some more.

For other factions, learn which enemies tend to mez you and focus them down first. You should be able to send your pets in to kill off one or two mezzers in a spawn and still step in to participate more actively once the spawn will not constantly detoggle you.

Fungi use a sleep, and then if you've drawn aggro, more damage will wake you up, but the sleep will have shut down offensive toggles.

Main thing is to try to let the pets take aggro, especially since your AoE Heal will wake them. And if they get slept, it's not such a big deal. Also, convert all inspirations to Break Frees, and see if you can fit in Rune of Protection. I use these for my Demons/Time and it works well enough.

• 2 weeks later

Not a way of avoiding it but if you add it to a key you use regularly it will turn it back on for you, even when you don't know it is off.

Something like:

/bind w "+forward$$powexec_toggle_on time's juncture"

Edited by CaptainLupis

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"