Cauterizing Aura?

loyalreader

Hey all, I'm a little confused about slotting Cauterizing Aura. Most guides I've seen in the forums have  it slotted for PBAoE. damage. Can someone let me know their reasoning for this? Wouldn't you be better slotting it with a Heal and an End Mod and call it a day (maybe an Accuracy)? Is the damage worth it, and aren't you better served by the heal/end? New to the power so not challenging... truly curious. 

Also... does this power make Consume irrelevant? It seems like it would...

Can’t talk about slotting because I don’t have a /fire blaster, but yes RE: consume. The recovery powers in blaster secondaries are extremely powerful and make their endurance very easy to manage, freeing you up to not require things like Ageless Core or, in this case, Consume.

Thanks @arcane. I have a number of blasters but this is my first /fire. The reason I'm confused is because the recovery powers have - in my experience - come in two types: passive (/dev) or active (/electric). But this one is weird because it has a 'to hit' component, but unlike /electric or /dark, that 'to hit' doesn't affect the recovery portion. At least as far as I can tell? 

3acc/dmg hamis, 3 50+5 heals

The aura itself is neat extra damage, and in the case of my radi/fire blaster I use PBAoE dots to melt shit, this adds to it and the healing is neat.  and the base endurance is enough while 3 slot health/stamina is also plugging away to get rid of endurance issues

Same thing with Dynamo, with short circuit and ball lightning also being dots, dynamo adds to that.

But incase you are confused, our damage auras do not have a taunt effect.

Edited by kelika2

Can't use Mids' currently but I'd be looking at Power Transfer to get damage, endmod, and accuracy plus either a Heal or Accurate Heal set for healing and maybe more accuracy.

As for Consume while I can't say for certain I'd keep it in my Electric/Fire build (no Mids, no internet outside of this phone for me right now) it's a much larger AoE, can take Endmod sets, offers End drain resistance (-end) among other things.  So no I probably wouldn't be taking it for +endurance or +recovery but maybe for set bonuses and other factors.  I wouldn't automatically rule it out just because the sustain has recovery well covered.

Edited by Doomguide2005