SPRING FLING - 1v1 Melee PVP Fightclub Tournament - March 27th

We want to find the best melee fighter in City of Heroes...is that you?

What: A 1v1 PVP tournament for melee fighters only! (Aka Fightclub)

When: Saturday March 27th 2021 @ 4pm PST // 7pm EDT // 11pm GMT

Where: Pocket D on Indomitable

Who: Anyone can join! Just post your @global name and character name in this thread to sign up for the event.

Discord:  https://discord.gg/B2agqnSssN 

(We'll be posting matchups/recording wins on Discord (via Challonge). Be sure to join the discord so you can follow the event as it happens!)

Hosts: For questions, please refer to @CR Mochi or @America's Angel

How it works:

FIGHTCLUB is 1v1 melee-only PVP. Each match is set to 15 minutes, and it works like this:

• You load into the map. (Monkey Cage or Coliseum)
  • You run into the center of it. Your opponent does the same.
  • You hit F7 when you are ready to fight.
  • Once you've both said you're ready...you charge into melee range and fight! You should do this no later than 14:45 on the clock. (Even if your opponent hasn't said they're ready!)
  • Once you are fighting, no moving! (The entire fight must take place in melee range.)
  • First KO wins - the first person to KO their opponent wins even if there's time left on the clock.
  • Stalkers - you have to start fighting at the 14:45 mark just like everyone else. After this, if you stay in hide for longer than 10s once the fighting starts, you forfeit the match.
  • If a match goes to Sudden death, it is considered a draw.

Rules & Restrictions:

• Minimum level: 50
  • Observers must be left on.
  • No inspirations (Switch them off in the arena settings for your match!)
  • No switching characters between matches. (You use the same character for the whole event.)
  • Switching between builds is fine.
  • Allowed Archetypes:
    • Brutes, Scrappers, Stalkers, Tanks, Peacebringers, Warshades, Arachnos Widows, Arachnos Soldiers
  • Incarnates Allowed:
    • Alpha, Interface, and Hybrid can be slotted. (But Hybrid CANNOT be clicked!)
  • The Following are banned powers:
    • All phase powers such as Phase Shift, Quantum FlightNebulous Form, etc.
    • Hibernate from the Leviathan Patron Pool. (Hibernate from Ice Armor is fine to use)
    • Judgement Incarnate
    • Lore Incarnate
    • Destiny Incarnate
    • Hybrid Incarnate (Passive bonus from slotting it is fine. But clicking the power in the match is not allowed.)
  • Non-Incarnate Pets are allowed. (Such as the Arachnos Soldier Summons and the Patron Pets.) However. If you have summoned a pet:
    • If you summon your pets during the 30s countdown at the start, that counts as saying you are ready.
    • If you summon your pets during the fight, they must be summoned within melee range of your opponent.
    • Your opponent can move to fight your pets from a better position if they wish. (I.e. repositioning so that a cone attack hits both you and your pet.)
    • You can also reposition to counter their repositioning.
    • As long as you both remain in melee range of each other as you do the repositioning, neither of you will forfeit.
  • Combat Teleport is allowed as long as you have it set to cast via "powexec_location me". (I.e. just teleporting on the spot.) You cannot use it to leave melee range.

Scoring:

This will be a swiss draw tournament. Everyone will fight the same amount of matches. We will use a points system method for keeping score:

Win = 3 points
Draw = 1 point
Loss = 0 points

Winners are responsible for posting their match results in the dedicated Discord channel after their match. If you do not, your win will not be scored. (If discord isn't working for you for whatever reason, send a /tell with your match results & character name to @America's Angel in game.)

If your opponent has cheated, or if you have been scored incorrectly on Discord, please contact @CR_Mochi on discord or in game.

Prizes: 

• First Place = PVP Fightclub Champion gold title and 3000 Merits
  • Second Place = PVP Fightclub Finalist gold title and 2000 merits
  • Third Place = PVP Fightclub Semi-Finalist gold title and 1500 merits
  • Fourth Place = PVP Fightclub Semi-Finalist gold title and 1000 merits

@CR_Mochi  will also be running 5 raffles throughout the event with prizes of 300 merits each.

How to sign up:

Reply to this thread with your @global and character name. You don't have to say what sets your character has. But the character you bring on the day is the one you have to use for the whole tournament. (No switching characters between rounds!) 

Edited by America's Angel
  • Like 4

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

1 minute ago, rookery. said:

I assume the No Moving means literally 'nailed to the floor'  so you can can't slip out of range and back in?

Yup!

Think of it as pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! 🤭

• Like 1

What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

5 hours ago, Seductive- said:

Ummm idk which account or toon I’m going to play but sign me up... when I figure it out I’ll edit this post 

Welcome! :classic_biggrin:

4 hours ago, betaflex1 said:

@Mushroom
Cazador de la Luna

Everlasting represent! :classic_cool:

18 hours ago, RageusQuitus2 said:

Finally a PvP tournament where taunt is allowed!

Sometimes mindgames are more important than DPS.

1 hour ago, Ms Deadly said:

@Ms Deadly... Not sure what I'm bringing yet will update soonish. ❤️

Welcome! 🙋‍♀️

7 minutes ago, ridiccc said:

HELLO 

I would surely be there

with Scrapper

@Ridicc.    

Can you tell me what time it will be in France please ??

sorry i am using translate.

Bonjour! :classic_biggrin:

France is GMT+1. 

So, the event will start at 12am (midnight) for players in France.

7 hours ago, ridiccc said:

Thank you 😊 

You got it! (Sorry it's so late! If it makes you feel any better, I'm in the UK - so I'll be staying up late for this, too.)

Seems like we're going to have a good turnout. :classic_biggrin:

21 hours ago, CR Mochi said:

Looking forward to seeing everyone there! 

Howdy pardna!

Been seeing a lot more people Fightclubbing under the Atlas statue in Recluse's Victory these last few days. Looks like people want to get the practice in...:classic_biggrin:

Update - the time limit for matches has been increased to 15 minutes.

I will not be able to participate in this tournament because in Italy it will be late at night. but I want to thank the organizer because the tournament will shift the attention a bit to the melee 1vs1 pvp, which although not appreciated by some, is still an increasingly important branch for the pvp community. Obviously I remain available for any comparison or suggestion for future patches exclusively for what concerns the melee pvp. @dandropo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dandropo said:

I will not be able to participate in this tournament because in Italy it will be late at night. but I want to thank the organizer because the tournament will shift the attention a bit to the melee 1vs1 pvp, which although not appreciated by some, is still an increasingly important branch for the pvp community. Obviously I remain available for any comparison or suggestion for future patches exclusively for what concerns the melee pvp. @dandropo

Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it, Dandropo. It was hard to find a time that fits for everyone. I'm sure we'll be doing more in the upcoming months, I'll try and make sure one is a bit more EU-friendly with times. :classic_biggrin:

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, El Foya said:

Haven't been able to pick who I wanna roll out with yet, but count on me being there. @Erebus Algiz

Welcome! 🤛

Updated the original post to clarify the rules for using the following powers:

-Non-incarnate pets

-Combat teleport

Also, just a heads-up. But we'll be capping this at 32 participants. I'm wanting us to go 5 rounds, and this is the maximum number our scoring system will allow. Should be fine. I don't think there's that many fight clubbers in the game. But just wanted to mention it here to avoid disappointment.

The signup deadline for sending me your character name & global name is 1 hour before the event. That's: 4pm PST // 7pm EDT // 11pm GMT

49 minutes ago, Alouu said:

@Alouu

here comes new challenger | Games I Made My Girlfriend Play