A Different New Notoriety Option - Incarnate Shifted Enemies

TheZag

Currently the notoriety goes from level minus 1 to plus 4 and team size of 1 through 8.  I would like to see a 3rd option for incarnate shifted enemies that goes from i-0 to maybe i-4 or whatever amount is found to be appropriate.  This setting should probably be unlocked with your alpha slot and only usable if you already have it set to +4 or possibly only at +4x8.  I'm not opposed to this type of setting being available earlier if its determined to be suitable for lower level content.

I also don't see these settings as something that should be intended to be farmable or soloable although I'm sure there would be those who will try and those who will be angry if they cant farm on the highest difficulty.  And that's why I'm unsure about what, if any, increase in rewards should be.  Perhaps a progress bar that fills 1 point for each ilvl of the mission and when you reach 10, a choose your reward popup occurs.

Where looking for group is concerned the obvious and completely acceptable option would be players advertise their groups as +4x8i1 or +4x8i3 or however the kids advertise their groups nowadays.  Adding something to the options menu or the team invite popup saying something to the effect of 'this team is currently set to +2 incarnate shifted enemies do you accept' would be ok for me but I would probably just prefer team leads to say their settings in LFG chat.

City of Heroes has done a great job of retaining their player base without having the game grow 'up' very much and by growing 'sideways' instead.  Meaning adding more content without increasing the lvl cap.  I think this change would open up some more options for top content where there are incarnate level challenges outside of the i-trials.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alongside this, and I know it's been talked about before, I would love the option to do TF/SFs @ 50 vs incarnate enemies.
That last mission on posi 1 vs incarnate CoT and EB clones? 👌

@Xiddo on Excel. Alts: Agent Betel - V_archetypeicon_dominator.png.5633ed21aff3ea441cdd024895843d4a.png  Athosin - Archetypeicon_peacebringer.png.9e329a8a509066a020fd4635ccbb4385.png  Nisotha - image.png.c44c4b37be8839626cedeee9a8966397.png  Anapos - V_archetypeicon_corruptor.png.f105930c83b316a39d147c7de8c7e017.png  Atomic Chilli - V_archetypeicon_brute.png.b1e0b25149b74ff24ce1fd3603064e6e.png  Bainbridge - image.png.fc49fb2cec0488ed5cd6d82f5ea9260a.png