Custom missions like radio mission?

One thing that's always seemed a bit of a letdown is if you want to simply run some radios as say a lvl 50, you're both limited to a set handful of enemy types, but also a very annoying and long process if you get a full list of all carnies or Arachnos or something people might want to avoid, OR it's cave maps that people tend to find annoying because (Insert long list of reasons here).

Maybe it could be a sorta "build your own mission" window where you pick the enemy type (Form ANY enemy type in the game), Map type (Sewer, warehouse, office, cave, etc..) and objective (Rescue, defeat leader/all, Get object, etc...). If any level could do this on any map would be extra cool.  Say a lvl 50 team running lvl 50 Custom missions in Atlas Park. 

It'd also be awesome if you could have a chance for an AV in these missions too but obviously not a way to make them spawn always, but maybe a 15-20% chance.   I believe it'd make for more fun teams, people can face off against their fav enemies at a higher or lower level, and play the maps they prefer. 

Lastly, if say you set up your desired missions.  It'd be EXTRA awesome if you'd get another mission of the same type after completion unless you change your filters.  So same enemy type, objective and map type. 

Imagine a team of lvl 50 toons fighting off a bunch of LvL 54 Freakshow in a warehouse in Atlas Park and Clamor ends up showing up in one of the ambushes or being in the boss fight at the end.  It'd feel more like heroes are fighting crime all over the city, in their fav parts of the city where things can sometimes get serious. You'd also spread out players more as I find a lot of the maps aren't used often these days aside for task forces and the level cap of radios in each zone limits or at least strains the player experience depending on level.

Edited by TheLeprechaun89
  • Like 1

(1) That's ...interesting.  (2) We already have the AE, so that interface is there, and (3) I've been rabbiting on about how the AE itself should be mined for "tip like missions", whether the single drops like actual tips, or a "tip arc" (for want of a better word) that could be a full 5 mission thing.

Interesting variant on things there. Don't see it happening though.

• Like 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Interesting comparison. 

• I hate radio missions because they're sooooooo blatently one-off generic and are uusally "oh no! Go stop the people who stole the P.L.O.T. device!".
  • By contrast, I usually love the tip missions because they have a nice writeup and a degree of player agency in deciding what to do with the tip, and frequently some good dialogue in the mission themselves. 

But yea, my first reaction was "This already exists, it's called AE". 

That said, I would not be opposed to additional vehicles to create missions against varied enemy types. 

With a caveat. 

I don't want dumbed-down level scaling to create, say, lvl 50 trolls that have zero difference in looks/powers but just have buffed stats. So if enemy groups simply  STOP at a certain level, I would want them to stop being available beyond that level, unless you exemplar down to thier level.  I'm fine with the devs introducing actual new mobs that are INTENDED to be fought by max lvl players and actually have a carefully curated selection of power combinations intended to challenge lvl 50's/Incarnates.  But just turning Outcasts into bullet sponges? No.  Maybe Outcasts who are in Granite Armor, or who hit you with Bonfine, or Outcasts who can cast T9 nukes on YOU, etc. But if they still have the same powers they had at lvl 15? No. that's just garbage to try to scale them up as-is. 

Not saying you were going for that specfically. Just saying, that's one direction I'd want to wall off.

If we can prevent that, then I'm on board with the basic idea. 

Edited by MTeague

15 hours ago, Darmian said:

(1) That's ...interesting.  (2) We already have the AE, so that interface is there, and (3) I've been rabbiting on about how the AE itself should be mined for "tip like missions", whether the single drops like actual tips, or a "tip arc" (for want of a better word) that could be a full 5 mission thing.

Interesting variant on things there. Don't see it happening though.

Yeah but AE is a whole process... Someone has to take time to make an AE mission and then someone has to find it in the list and play it and then.....  what?   Back to square one. lol   AE is wonderful but most players don't want to bother going through all the steps.

11 hours ago, MTeague said:

Interesting comparison. 

• I hate radio missions because they're sooooooo blatently one-off generic and are uusally "oh no! Go stop the people who stole the P.L.O.T. device!".
  • By contrast, I usually love the tip missions because they have a nice writeup and a degree of player agency in deciding what to do with the tip, and frequently some good dialogue in the mission themselves. 

That said, I would not be opposed to additional vehicles to create missions against varied enemy types. 

With a caveat. 

I don't want dumbed-down level scaling to create, say, lvl 50 trolls that have zero difference in looks/powers but just have buffed stats. So if enemy groups simply  STOP at a certain level, I would want them to stop being available beyond that level, unless you exemplar down to thier level.  I'm fine with the devs introducing actual new mobs that are INTENDED to be fought by max lvl players and actually have a carefully curated selection of power combinations intended to challenge lvl 50's/Incarnates.  But just turning Outcasts into bullet sponges? No.  Maybe Outcasts who are in Granite Armor, or who hit you with Bonfine, or Outcasts who can cast T9 nukes on YOU, etc. But if they still have the same powers they had at lvl 15? No. that's just garbage to try to scale them up as-is. 

Not saying you were going for that specfically. Just saying, that's one direction I'd want to wall off.

That's a good point, but even just buffing their current powers could be interesting.  The energy drain of freakshow buffed to a lvl 50's hit chance and drain percentage would be a challenge in and of itself as most enemies present their own strengths...  unless it's Council.

Exemplaring sorta defeats the purpose and well, you can already do that just by finding a mission team at that level...

These added powers and costume pieces and stuff are awesome but I feel some actual game play development would help.  More missions and things to do would help a lot and something like this could keep people occupied for some time I feel. 

On 4/3/2021 at 4:37 PM, MTeague said:

Interesting comparison. 

With a caveat. 

To elaborate on my point and how what I'm looking for is different than AE.    Imagine my idea working out like this.  You have a team of 8, the level of the team members are 50/49 and everyones meeting in Atlas Park.  Team leader goes to "contacts" and then the "Custom Mission" tab. The click it and it opens a window with 3 columbs.  Left side is a list of enemy type and you pick one (Or multiple would be cool). Middle is Map type "Warehouse, Sewer, Office, etc.). Last columb is Objective with a list of options like "Defeat leader, Rescue hostage(s), retrieve object(s), etc" and maybe a "Number of missions" area for how many you want in a row.  You press "Start mission" and it pops up as a mission at a random door on your current map which will lead to the mission type you designed.   You and your team do 10 mission in a row in warehouses around Atlas Park fighting lvl 50 Trolls and defeating their leaders and everyone has fun. lol

Edited by TheLeprechaun89

Anything that allows me to avoid those hideous cave maps jumps to the top of my "I want" list.  I don't care how similar it is to AE (but to make a counterargument to that, sometimes you don't want to have to go into an AE building, browse the AE list, etc.  Just using a dropdown menu from the radio/newspaper would be much more convenient if you want to quickly jump into a mission.).

• Like 1