Pistols causing weapons to disappear

Alchemystic

One I've picked up recently but I'm sure has been mentioned before;

Using Dual Pistols or Thugs with other weapon powersets (ie; Trick Arrow, Tactical Arrow, Munitions Mastery) causes one of your pistols to vanish, and share it's color palette with whatever the other weapon powerset is. You can go back and color the pistol as normal, but then the rifle/bow disappears instead, and has it's colors once again changed to whatever the pistol is now using.

I'm aware that bows and katanas are receiving a fix soon if the beta patch notes are anything to go by, can this same fix be applied to Dual Pistols being used with other weapons, or is it a different bug entirely?

Basically there are a limited number of costume slots reserved for weapon customisation (4 slots) and some of them overlap such that the last saved one overwrites the previous option in that slot. Dual Pistols left often overlaps with Archery options, and DP right overlaps with Munitions (same slot as Assault Rifle).

See the below threads for more details.

• Thanks 1

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

I dont think its as easy as just add another slot.  Back in the day, the devs tried to add 1 enhancement slot as a reward or for pay and it broke pretty much everything.  My understanding is dual pistols has to exist like this or not at all.  They made a square peg fit into a round hole.

Id be happy if this wasnt the case but i dont expect a quick fix for it.

@Six-Six This conflict only occurs because the weapons are customisable, meaning the models used are saved by your character's costume (which has limited slots) rather than called solely from the power. Any non-customisable power would not conflict since they don't reference the costume. If they decided to make prestige and temp weapon powers customisable, then there would be problems.

• Thanks 1

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!