Set Incarnate Salvage to Account-Bound?

Guardia

Maybe not all of it, but I can't be the only one that has some characters that are "done" with Incarnate stuff and have banked a large amount of the now mostly useless salvage, while having other characters are in dire need of that salvage. 

-g

All the incarnate salvage can be broken down into Threads, so if threads could be mailed, that would be one way to solve it. However, the way the email works, the threads would be sent one at a time. Perhaps there could be a "Incarnate Spools" which are converted from 100 threads, and can be converted back to 100 threads would make that more workable.

There might be disadvantages to being able to do this, but I would think they'd be relatively small, considering we can already send Empyrean Merits in the emails to our global names, and even 50 at a time by converting to Transcendent Merits first.

• Confused 1

Related topic, is there a particular reason to maintain the shards/threads separation?

Shards seem like a needless extra duplicate system on top of threads.

I don't think much would be different if Shards and Notices were replaced in the drop tables with Thread related rewards.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Guardia said:

Related topic, is there a particular reason to maintain the shards/threads separation?

Shards seem like a needless extra duplicate system on top of threads.

I don't think much would be different if Shards and Notices were replaced in the drop tables with Thread related rewards.

I tend to ignore the non-thread/emp side of the incarnate system, and just convert it all over already. I'd be happy to see it removed for simplicity's sake.

I suspect in the beginning design, there were going to be multiple tiers of different kinds of incarnate drops and components. New slots they added might use yet additional incarnate currency groups to push people on to the additional, harder trials that would have been added for them.

26 minutes ago, Andreah said:

I suspect in the beginning design, there were going to be multiple tiers of different kinds of incarnate drops and components. New slots they added might use yet additional incarnate currency groups to push people on to the additional, harder trials that would have been added for them.

Well, we went from XP 1-50 to Physical/Psychic iXP (which IIRC were rewarded by different things, or we went from one to the other... it's been a while) to advanced IXP, so, yeah. After all, on live - more types of "stuff" to have to earn/unlock = more grind = more time paid for a sub.

I'm all for dropping Shards for Threads, personally. Simplify the system more.

Kheldian backstory guide 2.0 is out.