Unlock All Patrons as contacts

As it stands right now, you may choose 1 patron to unlock and only 1. But you get access to all the patron pool powers, so why am I only allowed to do 1 patrons arc?

Now I know it can be done with Ouro and the flashback system, I have done it that way. But while the flashback system is great it is not conductive to PUG teams. And the vast majority of the player base is playing PUGs.

The patrons have high quality content that is not being played for no good reason that I can think of. This seems like just a waste of content that could be being played regularly. I know I would do them. 

• Like 4

Not sure why Ouro is a deterrent. 

If I feel like joining a team for, say, the Ghost Widow arc.... I really don't care if it's someone's chosen patron at 35+, or if they're doing it via Ouro flashback.

Ouro would stop people from joining halfway through.... but if I'm joining for a patron arc, I probably *Want* to do the whole arc.

• Like 1

But why limit the ability to do it? What purpose does it serve?

And it is hard enough running redside missions without asking them to also lock into the flashback system.

I mean I am happy you are willing to join , but I do not believe you are in the majority.

Also I am not sure how much of the patron arcs are available by Ouro pass getting the badge. Getting the patron badges is just the very beginning of a lot missions they offer.

All told I think Black Scorpion has 16 or 17 mission, I assume the others would be comparable.

• Like 1

Yeah, this is one of those annoying limitations to teaming redside. It's highly restrictive for people that want to run more PUGs at level 50. Ouro arcs have that annoying feature of locking the team at the beginning of the arc. People come and go, and sometimes only have time for a few missions, not a whole arc.

Being able to select another patron after completing the previous one's arc would be great.

• Like 2

Excelsior Server: Giovanni Valia, Operative Velez, Fortunata Valeri, LongFang Mercer

SG: Shades of Arachnos; 315-6811

Wanted to mention, that easy way to implement this would be to make the patron you choose be the one to introduce you the next one. After you have completed his/her story arc.

And then when you have completed that patron's arc they could introduce you the next one and so on.

• Like 1

Lore/Narrative purists might complain (honestly surprised none have yet, so far).

Given what an utter mess the game's narrative -is,- however, I think we're WELL past the point of it mattering.  The timeline is a mess.  The ludonarrative in terms of Combat Level, Threat Level, and the character's career is a mess.  It's all been a mess since Issue 1, when the Rularuu invaded (not that it was necessarily terribly cohesive even before that).

The more options we provide to players in terms of access to content, the more power and authority we give them to express their characters' personal stories in the terms those players wish to personally pursue.

And on top of that, all those players who don't give a hoot about the story at all will have easy access to more content.  REDSIDE content, at that.  The same Redside who could use some more players frequenting it.

I'm all for @SuperPlyx's idea here.  If a player just wants one Patron, they may absolutely just stick to one Patron.  For those who want all of them; let the floodgates open!

• Like 3

I am in support of this idea as well. It is something that I've found mildly annoying. This way one can advertise for a level 54 Black Scorpion or Mako run the same way one can do Unai Kemen, Tiny Mac or Maria Jenkins.

While some do join for a full run of the arc, I feel like it would be more friendly to the current state of the game for it to be more fluid. People join for a few missions and depart, just like radios, and then you recruit more.

• Thanks 1