Mobs Now Noticing Disruption Field

Alo?

Prior to the patch today, the Sonic Resonance power Disruption Field was tagged such as to not be noticed by mobs/critters.  Now, using Disruption Field is noticed by mobs and I have received agro even if I do nothing more than put Disruption Field on a teammate and otherwise standing still.  I'm not 100% certain this is a bug, but if this was an intentional change, I don't see any note of it in the patch notes.

• Thanks 1

I'm reluctant to bump this but I haven't seen anything on beta/live to indicate if this is new "working as intended" behavior or if this is a legitimately erroneous change in need of reversing.  I don't want this to slip through the cracks.

If this is an intentional change, I'm mystified by it as it has gotten my sonic defender killed for nothing more than the recipient jumping into a mob.

I believe this is a side effect of the stealth bugs that are already being fixed on beta. So waiting to see when that goes live. Basically it might not be that Disruption Field drew aggro but rather that it just suppressed your stealth for the first time.

Unfortunately, I doubt that.  Before the patch, Disruption Field was flagged with "Aggro Type:  Enemies will not notice this attack" just like almost all confuse powers in the game (among others).  Now that flag is gone.  I had just checked the Detailed Info screen for Disruption Field less than a week before the patch hit Live to check on this very flag, as I had been nervous about applying Disruption Field on stalkers and scrappers for fear of gaining aggro.

My sonic defender has Stealth as well as a Stealth IO in Hover.  I watched my Stealth Radius (PvE) as I had a brute jump into a group of mobs.  This brute didn't have an aura power on, so he just got the "got too close" agro, but no active taunt or threat onto the mobs.  My defender still had a Stealth Radius of 66 ft, same as before the changes to Stealth (the update adds a very fickle 19 ft. to Stealth Radius that I wasn't receiving but also didn't need).  These mobs couldn't see me, not even if I hovered right over to them and started dancing.  But with Disruption Field on the brute, and with my defender fairly far back, they instantly peeled off the brute and attacked my defender.

This may be WAI, but I doubt it.  Including a picture of a power that mobs won't notice in case anyone's not familiar with the flag I'm referring to.

image.png.cdca1025cbccfbbc826eb685d793efd4.png

You may be right. I have only tested while applying the patch from stealth and flying right over the brute. I saw a lot of complaints about stealth so just assumed this was the issue. Shame if it’s another issue altogether - Sonic isn’t exactly overperforming.

Well, and the stealth issue could be the thing.  While I don't think so, I can't see everything going on behind the scenes.

If nothing else, I doubt this will get much attention until Stealth is fixed.  That's a much more prevalent issue.  Fingers crossed on the patch fixing this; either way I'll reply with how the issue stands after I retest once the patch is live.

34 minutes ago, Taboo said:

Devs fixed it for you. 😜

Meaning they might think it is now working as intended where it was broken before. A lot of that going around.

Thanks for the clarification.  If that were the case, however, I would expect it to be in the patch notes.  I'd also question how the hell Sonic Resonance needed a nerf, and this change (if deliberate) is definitely a nerf.

Eh, wouldn't be the first time a joke flew over my head in text format.

While I think it was said in a playful way, I think Taboo meant what he said about the possibility that the devs viewed it as "broken" before.  I don't think that's the case, but there's been plenty of things that have changed, both live and HC, where the devs went "oh crap, this thing has been broken all this time!  fixed!"