Does Beast Mastery's Alpha Wolf actually grant any leadership?

Lazarillo

Now that /Cold for Masterminds got a minimal FX setting, I'm thinking of trying out a Beasts/Cold concept.

So in the description of Summon Wolves, it says "The third one summoned will be an Alpha Wolf, which grants some leadership bonuses to the pack.", but when I look over the powers in the summon, and in Train Beasts and Tame Beasts, the only thing I see the Alpha getting is a small enemy damage debuff, and a single-target heal.  Is there some other passive trait that the Alpha has that isn't reflected in the power numbers (kinda like Pack Mentality in general)?  Or is that all there is to it and the descriptive text was just always a little inaccurate?

Just descriptive sadly. The alpha only gets two skills in addition to the other skills the howlers have, Growl(AoE -dmg -tohit) and Lick Wounds(self heal).

Both lionesses have a Lion's Roar buff tho, which grants +6% defense to your pets for 15 seconds with 60 second cooldown, which isnt really reliable.

Where did you find the basic, Train and Tame Beast pet powers? I was looking for that but couldn't find it. Ended up testing to make my own but not sure how accurate mine is.

If you are a beast mm you can right click on the powers for detailed info, if not on the char creation you can hit the i button and hover over the powers.

The only difference I can see is that the alpha has growl which is an aoe debuff.  It also seems to have two pack mentality granter on train and none on tame o.O

Just descriptive sadly. The alpha only gets two skills in addition to the other skills the howlers have, Growl(AoE -dmg -tohit) and Lick Wounds(self heal).

Okay, I kinda figured just thought I'd be sure.  I appreciate the clarity.

Both lionesses have a Lion's Roar buff tho, which grants +6% defense to your pets for 15 seconds with 60 second cooldown, which isnt really reliable.

Going /Cold, I've actually been able to get them about 0.25% shy of soft-capped defense with the two shields, Maneuvers, and the set bonuses.  I can push it over with Arctic Fog, but that doesn't have quite the radius of Maneuvers or Supermacy so I sorta fear I might not be able to keep 'em in range as easily.  I was just hoping for an easy-out, mostly.

Where did you find the basic, Train and Tame Beast pet powers? I was looking for that but couldn't find it. Ended up testing to make my own but not sure how accurate mine is.

If you are a beast mm you can right click on the powers for detailed info, if not on the char creation you can hit the i button and hover over the powers.

In addition to this, since the character creation screen doesn't work for me, it's worth noting that you can view them on any character once you're in-game by putting the power names "hot linked" into the text box.  Go into a mission alone and you can use the Team channel so you're not disturbing anyone and put in [summon Wolves], [Train Beasts], and [Tame Beasts] into chat, and you can see the powers there.  That's how I did it despite not making the character yet.

Now that /Cold for Masterminds got a minimal FX setting, I'm thinking of trying out a Beasts/Cold concept.

So in the description of Summon Wolves, it says "The third one summoned will be an Alpha Wolf, which grants some leadership bonuses to the pack.", but when I look over the powers in the summon, and in Train Beasts and Tame Beasts, the only thing I see the Alpha getting is a small enemy damage debuff, and a single-target heal.  Is there some other passive trait that the Alpha has that isn't reflected in the power numbers (kinda like Pack Mentality in general)?  Or is that all there is to it and the descriptive text was just always a little inaccurate?

I am currently working on the same exact build with my Mastermind. Beast/Cold is fantastic in the defense department because beasts have natural defense powers of 15%+ To melee/range/aoe on top of Arctic Wind, Ice Shield, Maneuvers, etc.  I calculated like 58% defense to ALL with full incarnates and boosters. Very damn good defense along with 35%+ resistance from the set bonuses. To answer your question: The alpha doesn't really do much different than the other wolves sadly. I thought it would have maneuvers or tactics going.