Enhancement Converter "Adjustments"

Zepp

Here is another specific practice I employ when trying to "RNG into the piece I want". This is generally more applicable for ATO (for reasons I will explain) than for Purples or Winters, but here goes:

If I have a build that wants many pieces from both ATO, or I have a build that wants MULTIPLE Purples (disclosure: I almost never use multiple Winter sets in my builds) Using the converters to flip between ATO (by AT) rather than within a set is a reasonable way to fill out at least 2/3 of the sets. The ATO are easier because it is just 2 converters to flip back-and-forth between sets for the same AT, whereas there may be lots of Very Rare sets that do not interest you.

This doesn't help avoid the issue of trying to fill a specific gap via converters, but the feeling of satisfaction of filling 80%+ of your build via RNG far outweighs any annoyance felt about trying to get the last 20% (or less) of teh build.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tidge said:

Here is another specific practice I employ when trying to "RNG into the piece I want". This is generally more applicable for ATO (for reasons I will explain) than for Purples or Winters, but here goes:

If I have a build that wants many pieces from both ATO, or I have a build that wants MULTIPLE Purples (disclosure: I almost never use multiple Winter sets in my builds) Using the converters to flip between ATO (by AT) rather than within a set is a reasonable way to fill out at least 2/3 of the sets. The ATO are easier because it is just 2 converters to flip back-and-forth between sets for the same AT, whereas there may be lots of Very Rare sets that do not interest you.

This doesn't help avoid the issue of trying to fill a specific gap via converters, but the feeling of satisfaction of filling 80%+ of your build via RNG far outweighs any annoyance felt about trying to get the last 20% (or less) of teh build.

This is cheaper on converters too, since its only 2 instead of 3, right?

There are a few "rules of thumb" I follow when converting. Bear in mind, we don't always play with our thumbs. 

When it's an uncommon of one of these sets: 

Sniper
Ranged AoE
Melee AoE

The odds of converting into a rare that's worth selling are less than my personal level of risk. So, I simply convert out of set. I'd rather have a perplex and convert into a malaise and go from there. Every now and then, maybe 1 out of 20 times, I get right into a winner with no further conversions necessary. 

It can be tempting to try to convert the uncommon melee AoE into an oblit, but only if the oblits are in short supply. I never convert sniper sets. They're all trash and only rarely would they sell for over 2m, which is candidly, too low to take up a slot in my ah. 

8 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Sometimes it's a great use of resources.  I've given this example in my universally acclaimed thread 

Let's say you need an Eradication proc, but they are trading at ! 5mm !  There are five other members of the set, and they are each trading at 2mm.  Converters are trading at 66,666.

Starting with any non-proc, you have a 1 in 5 chance of getting what you want in one roll or 20%.  You have a 4 in 5 chance of not getting what you want in the first roll, and a 1 in 5 chance of getting what you want in the second roll, or 36%.  After 3 rolls: 49%; 5 rolls: 67%; 10 rolls: 89%.  The average number it will take will be 5 rolls (this is a geometric distribution, so it has an (infinitely) long tail).  

If you are converting one, it may take one conversion, but it may take a billion.  If you are converting ten, it will probably take around fifty conversions.

Five rolls costs 15 converters which costs 1mm inf.  My shortcut rule, taking into account the bid-offer spread, is that if one member of a 6-element set costs over 2mm less than I can easily sell another member, and I can do it in bulk, I will do that trade all day and night.  In fact, I do.

Was going to say something similar.   On average it should take 5 tries which is 15 converters which you can buy for about 1 million.   Typically even on a bad streak I'll get it within 10 rolls.  Basically I tend to take those odds as long as the piece I want sells 2-3 million more than the rest of the set.   And that is something I regularly see.

Let me be clear - my statement about burning through converters to see just how long just that sadistic little algorithm would gleefully torture me was more about being able to declare "I Win!!!" than about practicality.  I have plenty of in game moolah so yes, I could have just as easily (and more cheaply)  just bought that darned thing.  But where's the fun in that?

Our digital overlords are just chomping at the bit to take over the planet.  I see card readers in grocery stores already "having fun" with humans.  "But it told me to remove my card!".  Why yes, yes it did.  Now put your card back in...   My computer even plays an occasional joke on me.  The AI is watching.  It is learning.  And it seems to have a sense of humor.  Albeit sometimes a cruel one.  This is where I draw the line and say to the AI - "HaHa!  Very funny.  But watch how stubborn humans like me can be!  I WIN!!!".  (of couse I only win 'in principle'.  The AI just shakes it's head and says to itself "Going to have to keep an eye on that guy!"  LOL

Joking aside - yes, burning through converters trying to 'force' the game to bend to my will / perception is kind of silly.  But I'm kind of silly sometimes.  So it's all good!  🤪

Want to see my current list of characters?  Want to know more about me than you ever wanted to know?

Wish Granted!   Check out the 'About Me' in my profile:   KauaiJim - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)