Badging, but not really.

Aeroprism

I never considered being a badge hunter before because I never saw the point or the appeal, which is strange, considering how i'm a hopeless RPG completionist.

So last week, I was reading these parts of the forum out of curiosity and I saw something that was quite frankly, inspiring. The person was saying that going after badges went beyond just getting badges but was also a pretty neat way to visit content they would have never seen otherwise.

To me, that is an excellent reason to badge.  Combine that with the new exploration system introduced a few days ago: win.

So, while I will probably never be in the exclusive 1500 club, I'd like to try my hand at this, so my question is as follows:

In order not to miss too many content badges (missions, objectives, story events), should I absolutely start a new alt and follow a guide, or can I take one of my favorite guys and have at it through Ouro and so on?

Thanks guys!

I ran most of my badges through Ouro.  Much easier to be sure you don't miss anything.  I've done all of the badge missions and am working my way through the non-badge missions just to be a completionist on both sides.

What I like about doing it this way is that I can pick and choose when I want to do content and I don't have to keep turning XP on and off to keep from missing things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ura Hero said:

I ran most of my badges through Ouro.

This.

Also, as an FYI, Accolades for character improvement (e.g. The Atlas Medallion), stop working below the level you received them. That's the only reason to get anything early.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

14 minutes ago, PluckySidekick said:

This.

Also, as an FYI, Accolades for character improvement (e.g. The Atlas Medallion), stop working below the level you received them. That's the only reason to get anything early.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

That is incorrect.  I power level every character straight to level 50 now, and accolades work just fine when I malefactor below.

• Like 3